Take existing MIDI track and play it with Kontakt ?

JonG

I have existing horn tracks and have added the Kontakt player plugin to get better horn sounds. And when I create a new track, I can enter the notes with my keyboard. But what I want to do is take an existing MIDI track and play it with the Kontakt plug-in horns. When I paste the midi track onto the new track I get nothing. 

please help a serious newbie to Logic Pro X out?

TIA!

7 hours ago, Dynamic_Notes said:

Im not sure you can do that in Kontakt Player. The player is limited. You certainly can in the full Kontakt version. Also, general functionality depends on the instrument you're using and how it responds to midi.

I’m using the Kontakt player plugin n Logic Pro X. I would have thought I could copy the midi track in Logic to the player track in Logic but that’s not the case?

Maybe check the midi channel the new track is sending from  (in Inspector in Logic) and receiving from (in Kontakt) match up. Not in the studio at the moment but from memory, Kontakt assigns a different 'midi in' channel for each instance.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dynamic_Notes said:

I use the Full version, thats why I said Im not sure. I know its quite limited in what it can do. Perhaps someone else using the player might know or you might like to ask on NI forums.

@fusbur has just chimed in before me and I too was wondering if your midi channel was correct.

I’ll see what’s up with the channels thanks!