Logic X EXS24 Sampler

Gooldy82

So I've recently got a new sample pack where all the samples are at usual 44.1khz but when trying to drag n drop these onto a project it either says 'convert to 44.1 from 48khz which these samples are not. Either way it crashes with the beach ball. Also when adding a sample into the EXS24 the sound comes out messed out, even after changing octave or keys. As well when listening through the pack via sampler the list box expands past my screen so I can't even access the search bar or play button to hear a sample. I've never had this in 10 years and do hope someone can help before I have to uninstall Logic n reinstall ...

Many thanks,

Martyn.

2 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Where do you drag and drop them exactly? You shouldn't be dragging them onto an audio track (which is what triggers the sample rate conversion alert), you should be dragging them directly to Sampler?

I do both, and have issues with both ways and never have in over 10 years... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 10:08 AM, David Nahmani said:

What are those samples, what's the name of the sample pack and where did you purchase it? What format, sample rate, bit depth are the samples? 

They're 44.1khz rate samples from a pack from my usual source - Loopmasters, they refunded me cos there were some 48khz in the pack but this has never been an issue. Anyways I've purchased more from loopmasters since and have been fine. Just now I got the new SPY Dark Jungle sample pack all at 44.1khz and it's happening again, the file runs so fast and is basically broken... I hope you can help mate, apologies for the late reply

48 minutes ago, Gooldy82 said:

They're 44.1khz rate samples from a pack from my usual source - Loopmasters, they refunded me cos there were some 48khz in the pack but this has never been an issue. Anyways I've purchased more from loopmasters since and have been fine. Just now I got the new SPY Dark Jungle sample pack all at 44.1khz and it's happening again, the file runs so fast and is basically broken... I hope you can help mate, apologies for the late reply

Can you attach one of the samples so that one of us can give it a try?

33 minutes ago, JakobP said:

That's an .mp3 file ? Try zipping the sample if this wasn't what you uploaded ? Also,  I suspect Logic 10.4 could be too old to be compatible with Monterey...

Aha ok that's sounds about right. Maybe I'll need to update Logic to the 10.7.3... Makes sense, thanks mate 

8 hours ago, JakobP said:

Yes, maybe... What about the sample, is it mp3 at your end too ? IIRC, 10.4 had a bug that caused imported mp3 files to play in "high speed", fwiw...

Yeah its an mp3 but i only ever use wavs, Ill attach a wav from another pack from 'Spectre DNB' which has the same issues but this wav file crashes logic. It's strange as 2 packs ive purchased recently are fine but this SPECTRE & SPY ones have these issues....

4 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

The file doesn't have a ".wav" extension? Try renaming it with a ".wav" extension. After I renamed it I was able to drag and drop it into a Logic Pro session. 

My end it says wav.... So renamed the SPECTRE one again and it loaded to logic but as a tiny files thats beyond tiny like a hat sample. Also I renamed the SPY mp3 drums loop and when dropped into Logic it just says the file doesn't exist...

39 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

The file you've uploaded has the name: 

E1_SPTR_174_Drum_Loop_18_wav.355145a0785a34d5d2cb1e69160d4f10

It should have a name that ends with ".wav"

If I rename it E1_SPTR_174_Drum_Loop_18.wav then I can drag and drop it in Logic. 

Not sure why it has all those numbers but my end it's named just .Wav on the end