Ukulele chord-symbols - someone have some?

jmw

Hi,

I have to write some Ukulele-score and I want to add some Chord-Symbols (for D-Tuning). Has anybody made Ukulele-chord-Symbols?

And can they be imported via project-settings?

Would be glad to get any answer... (except: "no!" ;-)

jmw

You can do this using the Score Editor to make them. Use the guitar chord grid editor. Create an instrument with your tuning and string number (4) and then you can do the chord symbols. There are a few quirks, but it is doable.

You can import directly into the chord grid editor, not via project settings.

Thank you for the answer!

I knew I could do it like this - and I have already made the 18 chordsymbols I needed for the moment. Only that Logic will not display the bass notes right (it shows H7/Eb instead of H7/D#, even when I have set the correct key (E-minor) and I have not found a way to work around this...

And: the chord grid editor shows "18 visible chords, 89 Chords" what does that mean? How can I get the 71 CHords I did not set by myself?

At first I've tried to use the tabulature for Ukulele, but this was really hard: Logic does not accept to have a string tuned lower than any string before - as it is with the standard Soprano tunings A3-D3-F#3-H3 or G3-C3-E3-A3.

Is there a solution?

And: How exactly can I export my chordsymbols? I could post them here...

jmw

Welcome for answers, here's more.

the chord grid editor shows "18 visible chords, 89 Chords" what does that mean? How can I get the 71 CHords I did not set by myself?

You have 18 chords you are able to view. There are 89 available based on transposing up the neck.

Logic does not accept to have a string tuned lower than any string before

I think it will - the trick is to assign unique MIDI channels to the strings and assign those to notes as well, so Logic knows which string to place the note.

How exactly can I export my chordsymbols? I could post them here...

Hate to say RTFM, but I believe this process is clearly explained, and it's faster than me typing. Search for Exporting Chord Grid Libraries.

Logic will not display the bass notes right

Not sure why, and don't have time to check now.

Thank you a lot for point 1 and 2, problem solved (except that I have not found any logic chord grid libraries for ukulele on the internet ;( ).

To point 3: I choose "inv. channel" on the tab editor for my ukulele-tab, then lines to channels" in score-editor: works fine (for the first 3 strings). But as soon as I raise the pitch of the "lowest" chord (#1) higher than the pitch of the next one (as it should be), the notes in the tab notation disappear (if they're not high enough to exceed the pitch of this string).

to point 4

Even if the score is set to B major (H-Dur in german), bass-notes are displayed Eb instead of D#

I made some screenshots.

jmw

1116822784_Bildschirmfoto2011-07-15um12_27_06.png.2eca2a49baf60daced3fdfbb13d47ded.png

lowest string set to original pitch (A3): notes disappear in tab editor

1350566375_Bildschirmfoto2011-07-15um12_26_36.png.7b58f6914da3ab88ca2c15cf4632f9d7.png

lowest string is set 1 oct. low (A2): everything fine

• 10 years later...
On 7/11/2011 at 10:21 PM, jmw said:

Hi,

I have to write some Ukulele-score and I want to add some Chord-Symbols (for D-Tuning). Has anybody made Ukulele-chord-Symbols?

And can they be imported via project-settings?

Would be glad to get any answer... (except: "no!" ;-)

jmw

Hello,

I didn't want to open a new thread, but I have a question about this....

I would like to learn how to read ukulele tabs, is there any rapid way ?