Change click division

strikingtwice

I feel pretty weird that I dont' know this, but when I think of it, I guess it never came up for me in logic. DP had some pretty cool click features in regard to the subdivisions and everything. At least you could set what division it was, groupings, even change mid measure. I was looking for this in logic in the signature, event and tempo window and came up dry. Not really looking to put a click track in with klopfgeist. Thanks for any help in advance.

DP had some pretty cool click features in regard to the subdivisions and everything. At least you could set what division it was, groupings, even change mid measure. I was looking for this in logic in the signature, event and tempo window and came up dry. Not really looking to put a click track in with klopfgeist. .

Hi

If you are looking to get the Metronome to click on subdivisions of a beat, this is possible to a basic extent via Settings:Metronome. Here you can set, for example, an extra click on the 1/8 notes.

It is not possible to sort click 'grouping' (e.g. 3;3;2 1/8 notes). For that, you'd need to program a MIDI click track

HTH

CCT

• 5 years later...
Your division setting is in the transport bar right below the time signature (by default it is set to 1/16).

Hi David. I do not see this. I've seen several posts that provide the solution to the division, but all f them refer to it being visible on the transport bar. I do not see it. Have tried different variations on te transport bar - no joy. Any advice?

Here is an image of my transport bar:

Oh my goodness!!! How do I attach an image?!

Ok, I'll upload it to my BOX and share the link: https://app.box.com/s/xwkwy0ggn9liy4y4sgtin5r7zt0uppvj

Sorry, this is the best I seem to be able to do on this forum...don't know all the ins-and-outs yet :-)

I hope this works :-)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Reviving this old thread, I just want to verify something. I have a song that goes back and forth between 4/4 and 12/8, but I'd like the click to be quarters in the 4/4 and dotted quarters in the 12/8 so it stays the same. This is not possible in realtime, correct?

Powerful feature indeed. Just think of the name for that feature. "Periodically Change The Metronome To A Different Time Base, And Only If The Time Base Itself Periodically Changes Already, But Different". And a check box next to that. I can imagine the 1000 yard stare from the cohorts of users who have yet to find out what 120bpm means and that you can change it and why. I also see us piecing together the answers to be copy-pasted into this forum, to desperate pleas for help from users who flipped that switch by accident and turned their world into hell by doing so. As I heard someone say once :"With great power comes great electrical bill."

😂

Edited by fuzzfilth