The Customising Logic Pro X GUI Colours Thread

beej

Hi apricotandpearjam,

You're not the only one wanting the LP9 colours back.

There were a lot of questions earlier on this subject.

Unfortunately, up to the current version of LPX, there is no way to make the colours lighter (only darker).

You can check it out by this link:

http://logicxinterfaces.wordpress.com/2013/08/20/tune-your-color-picker-a-tool-template/

Good luck,

AP

• 4 weeks later...

I serached these 20 pages but I can't find it...

I went to:

/Applications/Logic Pro X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist

... but I can't find the default mixer color entry for new tracks, auxes, busses and instruments. (I want to change the standard blue and green

• 1 month later...

:) Here i am!

version of the skin (if I fix something) is hidden behind Keyboard mode buttons (can't be seen while in use, only on the PNG)

I also did a retina mockup quickly in illustrator. Didn't want to waste my time on it too much (some items are misplaced)

but it looks amazing. I wish i could somehow enable retina mode. :(

It's a .rar archive. Just unpack and replace LPX.app>Contents>Plugins>exs24.res>Contents>Resources

I wasted around 30-40 hours on this, i hope you enjoy it!

exs24_lpx.rar

exs24ii_retina_back.thumb.png.46ddc84a4cdd5032fd61ed1aa67854d7.png

To be clear. i am trying to make the colour pallete of LPX look more like L9.

Its mainly the second line down that I'm after (pastel shades).

If someone can give me the code for this i will pay them.

Ditto.

Changing the colorpalette is not possible. It's hardcoded into the program. (It can be changed a little bit in the hue values but it does not amount to much)

Thanx Kim, Yeah .. I know. Unfortunately. Everything is so ridiculously dark. I'm a Logic user since the v.1.6 (1993) ... but I'm sitting the LPX out. Working in LP9 and PT in the meantime. :(

Please tell apple! The more that do the better the chance of getting some choise in regards to colors.

I did. Some time ago. I produced a lot of projects using this application ... and know it very well too. But I feel like the new Logic designers prefer "cool" looks instead of practical usability and substance. If they don't revise their approach, LPX is the last Logic I've purchased. Unfortunately.

I've tried the mods (line-by-line) from ru2b12's Bright Green Theme as well as my own; including the PlugIn-mods.

Everything works fine; apart from the nasty OK-button while starting up. I managed to turn that one into green as well... but I lost that mod. :face palm:

And since LPX 10.1 introduced some extra icons, my custom icons are a bit of a mess. But I'll get that sorted later on.

Collected information on updated themes & download links: https://logicxinterfaces.wordpress.com/tag/10-1/

If you have a 10.1 updated theme and you would want me to post it on the blog, contact me ("Jus") at Gearslutz. Please send me screenshots and a download link (Dropbox/Copy.com preferred). Do not upload all the Resources, just the modified images and MAResourcesmapping.plist. Thanx.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if I overlooked this in the thread, but there IS an option to make the background of the piano-roll light.

Go to: Preferences-Display-Editors, and check "Bright Background". It is global, so all Logic projects will automatically have the bright background in the Piano Roll.

Hope this helps.

I was unable to make the Main window lighter (in 10.1) using Juss's mod. There seems to be a different type of plist file in the resources folder.

Juss says "Drag the new plist into the resource folder and when asked, press replace".

"Replace" does not appear because the plist folder in Logic 10.1 has a different name. Since I don't know much about how all of these resource files interact, I decided not to experiment.

Anyone know how to get Juss's light arrange window mod to work in 10.1?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure of this is the right place to post but just wondering if anyone knows how to change the color of selected regions in logic x? In previous versions the selected regions would have a black outline but now in logic x the selected regions (and notes) become a lighter color. I've tried digging around in the plist with Xcode but haven't had any success