The Customising Logic Pro X GUI Colours Thread

beej

• 1 month later...

I hate the all black feel.. everything is too dark and depressing.. it is not sleek.. Some 3rd party plug-ins I actually can't see the sliders.. A while ago, Apple changed the monitor profiles.. Now my 30" Gateway is so dark, Tried changing the display profile, very little change.

I also think, it's more pleasant for a Logic User to customize his colors. it makes the program more his..

Vameo.. I love what you did. Can you give specifics on how to do it?

I hate the all black feel.. everything is too dark and depressing.. it is not sleek.. Some 3rd party plug-ins I actually can't see the sliders.. A while ago, Apple changed the monitor profiles.. Now my 30" Gateway is so dark, Tried changing the display profile, very little change.

I also think, it's more pleasant for a Logic User to customize his colors. it makes the program more his..

Vameo.. I love what you did. Can you give specifics on how to do it?

Have you posted your comment in that regard on Logic Pro's Feedback website?

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

I am satisfied with my GUI at this point however I'd love to add segmented meters to the mixer and side bar as in Sonar or previous Logic mixers. Any idea how that might be achieved? :)

[attachment=0]Logic_ProScreenSnapz001.jpg[/attachment]

Sure, JamesK, you can mod the level meters by navigating in MAResourcesMapping.plist to Root => AssetSets => Colors => Mixer.

There you will find entries: ChannelStrip_LevelIndicatorExponential, ChannelStrip_LevelIndicatorExponentialOutput, ChannelStrip_LevelIndicatorLinear and ChannelStrip_LevelIndicatorLinearOutput. Each of them includes the 'gradient'-item.

There you will find different 'items'. (You can specify less or more items if you like.) Within each of these items you can specify the color and location (being a percentage of the bar).

I hope this will do. Otherwise feel free to recall.

Cheers,

AP

• 1 month later...

I installed the 10.1 Bitwig theme and love it but I want the original cycle bar, how do I change the color for the cycle bar area? The cycle bar with the Bitwig theme is just plain gray and thin, I'm looking to add the wide color bar back from the default logic pro x?

Any help with this would be great!

1968335571_ScreenShot2015-08-14at6_30_35PM.thumb.png.30fd5c0c98b34fd5a5f4a9fad291e7d9.png

Hi rdiio,

If I understand your question correctly, this is what you can do:

• Change the image(s): 'ruler_cycle.tif' (and 'ruler_cycle@2x.tif' for Retina), which carries both the non-selected and selected cycle bar (background).

• Edit the following entries in 'MAResourcesMapping.plist': Navigate to Root => AssetSets => Colors => Ruler => ScalesOnCycle and Root => AssetSets => AttributedStringStyles => Ruler_Primary => NSColor for adjusting the colours of the scales and ruler (foreground) respectively.

Do you know how to do this? Otherwise, feel free to ask me for assistance.

Cheers!

AP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Hi All,

I am satisfied with my GUI at this point however I'd love to add segmented meters to the mixer and side bar as in Sonar or previous Logic mixers. Any idea how that might be achieved? :)

[attachment=0]Logic_ProScreenSnapz001.jpg[/attachment]

Sure, JamesK, you can mod the level meters by navigating in MAResourcesMapping.plist to Root => AssetSets => Colors => Mixer.

There you will find entries: ChannelStrip_LevelIndicatorExponential, ChannelStrip_LevelIndicatorExponentialOutput, ChannelStrip_LevelIndicatorLinear and ChannelStrip_LevelIndicatorLinearOutput. Each of them includes the 'gradient'-item.

There you will find different 'items'. (You can specify less or more items if you like.) Within each of these items you can specify the color and location (being a percentage of the bar).

I hope this will do. Otherwise feel free to recall.

Cheers,

AP

Thanks AP ! :)

I've modified my stereo panners and wish to change the colour of the send volume to the same however when I modify the SRGB colour in the sen volume..it does not affect them at all.

407355928_ScreenShot2015-12-30at4_15_43AM.png.edee94f7e04149bb853c554185f9fc1e.png

407355928_ScreenShot2015-12-30at4_15_43AM.png.edee94f7e04149bb853c554185f9fc1e.png

I am wondering where I should go to modify the send volume colour?

see photos :)

2034530846_ScreenShot2015-12-30at4_41_15AM.png.ad7795d64dad8fa604ababff1f275172.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I think this is my first post ever on Logic Pro Help. I need some help. Is there any official way (through Logic's Pro X preferences) to change to which levels the red clipping indicator will appear? I want to see the red indicator to another dBFS value and not starting from 0.1dBFS.

If there is no a preference for that then is there a way by "hacking" Logic's GUI? Thanks for your help in advance.

Alex

• 1 month later...
Hi there,

I think this is my first post ever on Logic Pro Help. I need some help. Is there any official way (through Logic's Pro X preferences) to change to which levels the red clipping indicator will appear? I want to see the red indicator to another dBFS value and not starting from 0.1dBFS.

If there is no a preference for that then is there a way by "hacking" Logic's GUI? Thanks for your help in advance.

Alex

Nope.

If anyone can point me towards the location for the things I mention below, I would really appreciate it..!

- I want to change the color of the name of plug-in inserts.

- I want to find where the color parameters for the VCA text, group text and channel strip names are.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

Alex

No, I have not. ... but would love to learn :)

Nice. Then these two links are what you need.

These are some basic instructions but check this page thoroughly. (All the tabs, etc...): https://logicxinterfaces.wordpress.com/modification/

This is THE forum to check out for this subject: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/apple-logic-pro/857146-custom-logic-x-guis-thread.html. There are 105 pages and I'd say there are gems in pretty much every one.

And then there's the very thread we're typing on right now. These three.

Now I could tell you where to find the parameters for the number on the pan pots so you can tweak them but it's a bit difficult when you haven't opened the plist before..

Edited by Apostolos

No, I have not. ... but would love to learn :)

Nice. Then these two links are what you need.

These are some basic instructions but check this page thoroughly. (All the tabs, etc...): https://logicxinterfaces.wordpress.com/modification/

This is THE forum to check out for this subject: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/apple-logic-pro/857146-custom-logic-x-guis-thread.html. There are 105 pages and I'd say there are gems in pretty much every one.

And then there's the very thread we're typing on right now. These three.

Now I could tell you where to find the parameters for the number on the pan pots and tweak them but it's a bit difficult when you haven't opened the plist before..

Thanks Central, I'll dig into it and report back when I crack it.

• 1 month later...

slight tangent, but does anyone know if its possible to change the sensitivity of the colour changes of the notes in piano roll to produce a greater degree of colour change across the velocity spectrum?

I find it a very useful function except that my notes are always different shades of green and blue - a bit hard to distinguish.

thanks, Rich