The Customising Logic Pro X GUI Colours Thread

beej

Ok....I'm new to the Xcode thing. I just downloaded it. Welcome to Xcode page comes up. I have 4 choices.

Create a new Xcode project

Connect to a repository

Learn about Xcode

Go to Apple developer portal

Where do I go and what do I do when I get there?

I know it is explained elsewhere, but I must be thick as a brick. Thanks

Where do I go and what do I do when I get there?

I know it is explained elsewhere, but I must be thick as a brick. Thanks

In the Finder, Go to Applications, find the Logic Pro X application, right-click and select Show Package Contents, navigate through to the file specified earlier in the thread, right-click it and select Open in XCode...

I would like to get that yellow color on my send bus as well (Chris D's photo). Could you tell me what kind of color code should I type and where? I cannot find the item by myself.

Colors>mixer> and I think it's a bunch of the "ChannelStrip_PostPan******" (something with pan anyway at the bottom of the list)

The pan knob yellow: hmmm...search for "stereopanner" and change away. :-)

My yellow is: sRGBColor:{255,249,89,100}

I wanna apologize again for acting all needy and noobish. Thank you all for this thread, especially Beej for his help.

Ok.

Has anyone at all managed to find out how to change the color of this Transport/Control Bar section?

The transport section is in the window title bar, and as such this is likely an OSX/System thing, thus probably can't be changed, at least easily (window titles have the same uniform appearance and styling on OSX.)

sticks fork into electrical socket.

ughhhhhhhhhh!!!

lol Thanks anyway..im still not gonna give up.. but you might be right

I had a quick look but couldn't find anything pertinent. You can change the "LCD window" part as that's a graphic resource, but I expect the ret of the elements are just drawn on top of an extended window title bar area. The toolbar is also usually a system default grey as well - but if you find anything that works, then do update the thread, it's all useful info...

How do I load a screenshot to this forum?

Look right below the submit/preview buttons, you will see 2 buttons

One saying "options" and the other saying "upload attachment"

Click upload attachment and locate the screenshot file on your computer.

excuse me. Don't all of you see that logic became ugly with X released? I worked in X and then came back to LP9 and there is my home. Logic X is simply ugly and unusable.

no. give it a week or so, and you'll see that it's better. AND that the new features are totally worthwhile....

excuse me. Don't all of you see that logic became ugly with X released? I worked in X and then came back to LP9 and there is my home. Logic X is simply ugly and unusable.

completely agree..thats why this thread saved my music career.

I was going to switch to protools..but I admit, after a few months you would get used to it..

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2013-07-31 at 12.47.44 PM.png[/attachment]

I'm tying to open MaResoursesMapping.plist with Xcode but my path end with Resources. (See screenshot). What am I doing wrong?

Did you locate MAResources within the Resources folder by scrolling through the files or typing MAR . . . . . . ?

(Generally speaking there is no need to open files from within Xcode, in fact there is little need to ever touch Xcode, you only need to double click on your MAResourcesMapping.plist file and Xcode will open automatically.

http://i41.tinypic.com/168sks5.png

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2013-07-31 at 12.47.44 PM.png[/attachment]

I'm tying to open MaResoursesMapping.plist with Xcode but my path end with Resources. (See screenshot). What am I doing wrong?

The MAResourcesMapping.plist file you need is in that folder you are viewing. Scroll down :)

I had a quick look but couldn't find anything pertinent. You can change the "LCD window" part as that's a graphic resource, but I expect the ret of the elements are just drawn on top of an extended window title bar area. The toolbar is also usually a system default grey as well - but if you find anything that works, then do update the thread, it's all useful info...

Ok, I think you can change these. Check out the graphics files in the same resources directory, in particular the files

window_regular_title*.tif

toolbar_window_background*.tif

They look like they are named and sized correctly to be the graphics for the main window title and toolbar - so if you are desperate to change these, edit those images and see what you can come up with.

One thing I haven't found yet - say you have customised the arrange background. If you create some regions and pack them into a folder, then double click the folder to display it's contents, Logic displays a dark blue arrange background to indicate the length of the folder.

I have not ye found how to change that blue, despite trying many things - including changing *all* the colours in the plist, looking for graphics in all the resources, and checking the preferences file. Has anyone else managed to track this one down?

So, anyone working on a 3rd party utility with a preview?

I'm having some talks with a programmer friend to help me out but I'm a bit under work right now

Preview for anything other than the most generic properties would be hard as you'd have to basically have the Logic drawing mechanism for everything in the program - it's not obvious which properties do what in many cases. For instance, if you change the track header text sie, it works ok. Then you discover that that property is also used to draw the text in the library window, and the template chooser (and perhaps elsewhere).

That and there are thousands of properties and settings for many many things, some small and subtle, and it gets tricky...