Logic Pro book by David Nahmani (Apple Pro Training Series)

David Nahmani

I bought my copy in iBooks and I am slowly working my way through it. Although I have played guitar for 30+ years and have been in a few studios, this is my first foray in to home recording. I am finding the book very easy to work through and I am really looking forward to being able tuse Logic in anger soon.

Hi

Hi

Book arrived Today :D

Amazon Marketplace?

I considered it after reading your earlier post. Ended up just waiting on Amazon UK, we use the a lot and this is the first time their's been any delay.

It still arrived a week earlier than the estimate they sent, so it was a pleasant surprise yesterday morning.

Spent free time last night browsing over it and listening to the projects. Saved them as version-01's so I can go back to originals. Looking forward to getting started as soon as I have undisturbed free time...

Pleased to see you got a better deal though, and faster 8)

If we didn't use them so often I'd have gone your route :)

I bought my copy in iBooks and I am slowly working my way through it. Although I have played guitar for 30+ years and have been in a few studios, this is my first foray in to home recording. I am finding the book very easy to work through and I am really looking forward to being able tuse Logic in anger soon.

Guitarist here too, just started with keys.

Hope you get as much pleasure out of Logic as I do!

Great book! so are the earlier versions.

Good to see you're starting your venture into home recording with the right first steps.

The book is the best way to get started.

Welcome to the forum. 8) . It's a goldmine too :)

I love the book but I must say this all the song material is horrible! I know music is subjective. I could at least tolerate the logic 8/9 material. I don't want to use any of these songs in my classes except the first six chapters, where there's none of those awful songs.

No offense against your material david at all. My only suggestion is to try and get some better songs for the next book. Listening to those songs in my classes would drive me nutts :D

Fisher, gold stars are sooooo 2012. Nowadays it's all about GREEN stars! :lol:

...which are not in the download either. green, gold...how will i know i've done the lessons well without them? 8)

Because if you don't do them, a little cyber-David will appear on your screen and scold you for cheating. :oops:

David, great job on the book and thanks for prioritizing a fast workflow knowledge with all the keyboard shortcuts.

I've always found Logic difficult and daunting, and this book helps alleviate that. If anyone else liked it, please review it on Amazon so more people can learn the software easily.

Took me a few weeks to get time to sit down and begin to go through the book / projects. I spent most of my Saturday (today) going through the first few lessons and am floored. There is already a boatload of stuff I've learned (and probably should have known) :P . Left a review on Amazon. Thanks again David for the excellent resource!

j

Great David; I've always used the previous versions on LP8 and LP9

Does this new book on Logic X cover all the material that the previous two books did? There used to be an 'Advanced' book for LP9 but I don't see one for Logic X. Is the material now condensed into one book?

Thx

Does this new book on Logic X cover all the material that the previous two books did? There used to be an 'Advanced' book for LP9 but I don't see one for Logic X. Is the material now condensed into one book?

Not exactly, but kind of (don't you love those kind of answers?) - what happened is that the decision was made to only write one book, so obviously some of the decisions to "leave those topics for the advanced book" flew out of the window, and I had more freedom to determine what I felt should belong in my book. The book is slightly longer than the LP8 and LP9 books, but not double the size either, which would have been required to cover all the material of both LP9 books. So... some of the material was shuffled around for a better coverage and better organization, also to highlight all the new features in LPX (groove tracks, track stacks, Logic remote, Smart Controls, Flex Pitch etc etc...), but the LPX book is still the textbook for a 3 day workshop that leads to Apple Certification.

Hope that clarifies things a little bit.