Recording with Varispeed on

siderealxxx

Hi, I have a recording session with a drummer later today and wanted to check something with Varispeed... I've read some of the posts on here but I'm not clear about the way it behaves under these circumstances. 

Because its a remote session I've bounced the backing track down to stereo. But we may need to make adjustments to the master tempo before we record. So can I simply switch Varispeed on, adjust the tempo to taste and then record? Then later I can change the project files properly and simply import the recorded drums and everything will line up with no glitches/artifacts anywhere? 

From what I've read, it seems Varispeed can behave strangely under these circumstances but maybe I'm wrong? 

Thanks for any thoughts.

Ah, I get this now, Varispeed only adjusts the playback speed so the newly recorded files are also adjusted. Slightly hard to get your head around...

You wanna adjust the whole session to a new tempo. You don't want to record with Varispeed on, it'll be a nightmare.

So use Varispeed to bounce a couple of tempo versions for your drummer. That way you can set the definitive tempo for the real session.