"Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI"

valve

Hi guys. I've found a few other posts on this, but I wanted to ask some specific questions I couldn't find the answers to.

The message I keep getting is this:

Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI.

Sample Rate 88,219 recognized.

Check conflict between Logic Pro X and external device.

Steps to make this happen:

• Audio interface is an Apollo Twin MkII. Logic session is at 88.2 Khz.
  • I imported an audio file that is at 44.1 Khz (it's a full track from a CD that I wanted to analyze a bit in Logic). It said it was converting its sample rate upon import.
  • After beat mapping it for a bit, with a good amount of tempo changes as a result, I start to get that error message with slightly variable sample rate numbers ("88,2XX recognized").

Some questions:

1. What exactly is happening? Is it that the precise tempo changes (they end up being numbers with four decimal places) are somehow triggering an error between the grid and the audio? Maybe the tempo change numbers are still rounding to some extent (four decimal places) and that is somehow causing the grid not to synchronize exactly with the audio?
  2. If I try converting the session to 44.1 Khz, then the audio I imported becomes half speed and half pitch. Is it just not a feature for Logic to convert the sample rate of audio in the session when doing a project sample rate conversion, or is this possibly a bug?
  3. Should I use a different Audio Sync Mode in Project Settings > Synchronization > Audio? (I'm currently using the default, MTC Continuous). And if so, will someone please explain why? I don't quite understand the explanations in Logic Pro Help on those different options.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the tip. On the contrary though, I was using barely a fraction of my CPU, and no plugins. Just one audio track with one audio file. I tried making a new session the same way and had the same issues, but then I tried making a session at 44.1 Khz to begin with, and so far things seem to be running smoothly. I'm still really curious why the problem happens at 88.2 Khz though.