Take Folder - Takes out of sync

posthorn1

I've posted quite a few topics to date, but I think this one is the most baffling...

I like to create a cycle of say 8 bars and do several takes of audio in quick succession. Logic conveniently makes them into a take folder when I am done. Today I did it and I ended up with some takes that were in sync with the click and some that are almost a full beat late (see screenshot). All of my performances were rhythmically identical when I recorded them. I don't have any plugins on the track or anything that might cause latency going in.

I can, of course, flatten the folder and reposition the regions to sync them up, but...what's going on here?

950249735_ScreenShot2017-10-12at1_32_51PM.png.f6b377dc757747e39dedfd5351003091.png

After further research... It has something to do with the fact that some takes end up with Flex mode turned on and some turned off.

When I click the "Comp" region the info window shows me the "dash" for Flex (see screenshot)

After I flatten the stack each take (now its own region) has a different Flex setting in the info window (some checked and some not). Once I UNchecked the checked regions and repacked the take folder all was well and in sync.

So the question is: how do I make sure Flex settings are totally off for a track before I record? And why would Flex mode be on for some takes and not others?...

762269633_ScreenShot2017-10-12at2_09_49PM.png.8ef1c45e81bf00b4e80e2b7e09cc4056.png

• 2 weeks later...