A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

lpsocko
Topic Author

Default Symbol Font Size?

Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:13 pm

Is there a way to establish a default font size for symbols? Specifically, I want dynamics symbols (f, ff, p, mp, etc.) to be smaller by default so I don't have to change them every time with the resize tool (they are generally too large).

If there is no way to change the default size, is there a way to select change all dynamics symbols in a score at once (some kind of "select all symbols of this type" capability)? If I could select them all and resize all of them at once, that would be easier than resizing one at a time as well.

volovicg

Re: Default Symbol Font Size?

Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:41 am

After you insert them you can use shift+s to select them all and resize them all at once.
Let me think on it, but I am not aware of way to set to the default symbol size.
 Logic Pro X Certified : Logic Pro X 10.6.1: OS X 11.1 (Big Sur)
2018 Mac Mini 3.2 GHz Intel Core I7 : 32GB Memory : 2-1TB SSD ; 4 Drobo's 48TB combined
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) - 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Presonus StudioLive 16 Series III (Digital Audio Interface and Control surface for Logic)
Roland FR-8X : Roland A-PRO ; Ketron SD-90 ; I-Connectivity Mio XL Midi Hub/Router (Networked), BCF2000, BCR2000, Novation Zero SLKMKII

lpsocko
Topic Author

Re: Default Symbol Font Size?

Wed May 12, 2021 1:55 am

Shift+s is a great trick! Thanks for sharing that. That is better than resizing each one for sure, and it selects all of the dynamic symbols (f, ff, p, etc.), not just the particular kind currently specified (e.g., f only).