MIDI notes recorded « in double »

Bebop26
Go to solution Solved by Bebop26,

The notes have different positions so they're not exact duplicates.

+1

If the positions are off a hair but you know you want them to be at a certain beat, quantize first, then do option+d

This sounds even crazy, but you could create a script that receives a note-on and saves that and if you get another note-on without a note-off of the same note, discard those incoming same notes until you receive a note-off. The MIDI region would still contain the duplicates but no duplicates will get played.

In order to clear the duplicates you'd have to put on a External Instrument the Midi Region and your script and go thru IAC to MIDI record, then you'd have a non-duplicate notes.

This is incase you don't want to quantize your events. Yes, I do this all the time as well.

Sorry, but can I ask a last question in this topic, because I think that it is related to what has been discussed here.

What is exactly that last number of the last column in the event list window ? After quantizing, all the data of the duplicates is really identical now, except for the last number of the last column of the event list. So... even after quantization, my duplicates are not really duplicates.

Do the numbers of the last column, specially the last number, express the lenght of the note ? If so, then the numbers should be identical after quantization, isn't it ?

The numbers in the last column represents midi ticks, quote from the manual:

"tick

The smallest unit of timing resolution in a MIDI sequencer. In Logic Pro, this equals 1/3840 of a note."

On your screenshot the notes is only off by one tick in position and two ticks in length, so I tried with 4 ticks off both in position and length, and it works here...

1206708996_Deleteduplicates.thumb.gif.d6d53cfc583b4be078b5f8bbc96041c1.gif

Well, I hesitate to insist to much on this, I wonder if I send to many questions...

To be honest, for a reason I do not understand, it DOES work in some songs, but in other songs (or tracks?), it SEEMS like if the quantization does not work, so the delete duplicates does not work in those songs or tracks... There's something that confuses me...

In fact, all that time I was trying to do it in a song where it does not work. The minute I tried it in another song, I could do it very easily.

So there's something I do not understand about quantizing : why does it work sometimes, and not at other times. But I think this should be another topic, because now, the main point of this topic is solved.

Thanks again, I really appreciate this help !

Edited by Bebop26