Can't hear audio on imported file

KimG
Go to solution Solved by KimG,

I have been trying for four hours to hear the audio or my WAV file that I recorded on my MixPre10ii. Both the mixpre and my computer with logic are new.

I can see the file in the track.

I can listen to the file when it's not in Logic.

I have opened other sample projects and I can hear those.

When I watch the EQ and press play, nothing happens in the EQ.

I have tried boosting all the EQ in case by chance the file is too quiet.

I am sure that my gain was adequate in recording.

I tried recording at different bitrates of 96 and 44.1

In Logic, have tried playing with all the buttons like solo, mute, etc., and I have checked that the audio output is correct - I have tried both MacBook speakers, and headphones.

Thanks for any help!

I have been trying for four hours to hear the audio or my WAV file that I recorded on my MixPre10ii. Both the mixpre and my computer with logic are new.

I can see the file in the track.

I can listen to the file when it's not in Logic.

I have opened other sample projects and I can hear those.

When I watch the EQ and press play, nothing happens in the EQ.

I have tried boosting all the EQ in case by chance the file is too quiet.

I am sure that my gain was adequate in recording.

I tried recording at different bitrates of 96 and 44.1

In Logic, have tried playing with all the buttons like solo, mute, etc., and I have checked that the audio output is correct - I have tried both MacBook speakers, and headphones.

Thanks for any help!

Can you please let us know what Logic version you have?

Also, can you please share screenshots of your session? Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 2.00.35 PM.png

Maybe it's good if you activate the advanced tools, because that looks a bit different from my Logic:

Logic Pro > Preferences > Advanced Tools

Activate them all

See if you can import and hear this file:

JHE_125_HAT_FREAKY - 6A - 125.wav.zip

If you do, send me your file so I can see if I can play it here (use something like Google Drive or Dropbox to avoid uploading huge files to the forum)

A little extra info: I just noticed how it's possible to play a file as a preview while in Logic, when selecting a file to import, but the file is not yet imported. When I press play to listen to the preview, nothing happens.

• Solution

Figured it out! I dragged-and-dropped (from the desktop) instead of going through the import menu item and what showed up from one file was a whole bunch of tracks. I knew that the MixPre could make a bunch of tracks but I didn't realize that that's what I had within one WAV file, especially because I was only using one mic. I still don't know why it doesn't work with ''import'' but anyway, this works and I just delete the empty tracks and the tracks I don't want (MixPre makes a stereo mix as well as a track for individual files). It works the same for the 44.1 and the 96 bit rate WAVs (both 24 bit depth), and I don't get the error message I was getting before.

What I have in the screenshot there is two WAVs broken into tracks - the indented tracks are the second file, which continues off screen.

I'm writing all this for others who will have this problem - I'm sure there are tons of people using this combination of recorder and software - and it took an entire unhappy day to sort it out!

Thanks for the support guys!

1630655145_ScreenShot2021-06-16at5_30_42PM.thumb.png.b9792d3a81ae5830ca105d64558ebab2.png