playing old NI B4 track through Logic's Vintage B3

doofus

hopefully this makes sense...I'm revisiting an old project. The organ was recorded with Native Instruments B4, which I no longer have on my current platform (actually, I'm not even sure it's still made). On the old project, there is a MIDI track of the notes, and a second track under it that has MIDI information from the performance (Leslie speed switching frequently from slow to fast). The second track switches controller number 1 (called "modulation") back and forth from 0 to 127, which changes the speed of the Leslie from slow to fast and vice versa.

However, if I try to play the original performance through Logic's "Vintage B3", the notes will play, but there are no changes to the Leslie speed.

I tried recording a bit of test track with Logic's organ, and it seems that switching the Leslie speed (on the GUI at least) will record controller changes on number 449 (?) which is called "Rotor Speed" to one of 3 settings: 0 for slow, 63 for stop, and 127 for fast. I also noticed that in the test track with Logic's organ, the "Status" column displays a "F" for each event, and in the original track's Event List the "Status" column displays a downward pointing arrow; perhaps this is of some significance?

I want to take the original track with the controller information and have it control the "Vintage B3", in order to duplicate the performance originally recorded with the Native Instruments organ. I thought perhaps I could just change all the "1"s in the "Num" column to "449"s, but the program won't let me enter a number larger than 127. Is there a way to get this to work? Thanks for any ideas...

yep..thanks, worked great. My only gripe is that (while watching the GUI during playback in Logic's "Vintage B3" I can see the switch "stopping" on the "brake" or "off" position every time the lever is moving from "slow" to "fast". It seems to sync up pretty well with the old track but it still bugs me (kinda OCD) as the old one kinda ramped up and down from slow to fast without "stopping" in the middle. But, I know that's the way the original ones were-the switch. I mean-and the old timer B3 guys would just yank the switch back and forth, so...f*%@ it, ya know?

my only other question is...how the f*%@ did you ever figure this out? it seems like one of those things that would make most people just give up and go to another plugin...

...my only other question is...how the f*%@ did you ever figure this out? it seems like one of those things that would make most people just give up and go to another plugin...

I've seen the question here on the forum before, so didn't figure it out by myself :)