SOLVED: Quick Swipe Comping: adding silence with SHIFT no longer possible?

Neil Gilmartin
Go to solution Solved by Neil Gilmartin,

It used to be possible to add silence between takes simply by holding SHIFT when moving the region boundaries. Recently, however, SHIFT does nothing at all for me. Is there a new shortcut for adding silence when using Quick Swipe Comping (QSC)?

Attached is a screenshot of the silence feature while holding SHIFT when doing QSC. That doesn't seem to be an option anymore...

All the best

Neil

1515897027_ScreenShot2021-08-05at4_46_37PM.thumb.png.a9183ddfa31c95176c262c569750acb5.png

Edited by Neil Gilmartin

That's a little disappointing. I was kind of hoping it was a general bug. Misery loves company and all that. But thanks for checking it out in 10.6.3!

Things I would experiment with: try to reproduce in a new empty project. Create a single audio track, record two or three takes over a 1 bar cycle and try to reproduce the issue.

If you suffer the same issue then I would try to create a new user account on your Mac and repeat the same experiment in the new user account.