"Initializing audio" forever

apaclin2
Go to solution Solved by apaclin2,

It appears mostly in one session. No new plugins. But I bet it's related to some plugins, though all of them are validated.

I would make note of which 3rd party plug-ins are used in that session, and see if you see the issue reappear in other projects using some common plug-ins. Also try to see common points in what you were doing at the time the errors occurred.

So I loaded a session with just one Keyscape plugin and I got this "initializing audio" thing, but in another session after I froze and disabled (with alt) all tracks with Keyscape that thing still appeared. So maybe it doesn't relate to plugins?

Or maybe it relates specifically to the Keyscape plugin?

How, if they are disabled?

That would be my next test.

That, or trying to use another audio device such as the built-in device.

I can't imagine this issue occurring with only stock plug-ins and built-in devices, which is why my mind goes to 3rd party plug-ins or 3rd party audio device as a potential culprit.

Another thing I would try is to reproduce the issue in an another user account on your Mac, or trash the preferences on the current account if that is workable for you (if you don't have too many custom prefs to re-program).

I tried this session with native speakers and another session with just Logic's plugins with Apollo Twin. Both worked ok.

I created another user on mac and the session works so far, but Valhalla plugins disappeared from the plug-in manager for an unknown reason + as some of the plugin's libraries are in another account I have to give access to those folders. How?

Also, can I backup the preferences file in the main account, then trash preferences and put the file back if I want? And what is this file(s)?

Also, can I backup the preferences file in the main account, then trash preferences and put the file back if I want? And what is this file(s)?

Yes, you can do that. The Logic prefeference file is your username's home folder/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic10.plist

To access that Library folder you have to go in the Finder, hold down the Option key as you choose Go > Library.