➤ Help answer these new questions!

wing
Topic Author

Is there a way to switch default record-enable behavior to only one track at a time?

Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:42 am

As far as I can tell, Logic's default record-enable behavior allows multiple tracks to be enabled with a standard click. In order to force it into 'OR' behavior where it switches to one track at time, you have to option+click.

The problem is, more often than not I'm only recording one instrument at a time, but I have large sessions where I scroll up and down. Sometimes as I scroll or mix for awhile or take a quick break, I totally forget that elsewhere in the session I still have some other track record enabled. I've accidentally recorded over tracks this way before.

I'd much prefer to switch this behavior since multi-tracking is something I only do once in a blue moon (so opt+click = adds tracks together). But I've searched all the menus and google and I can't figure out a way. Is this possible?!

fuzzfilth

Re: Is there a way to switch default record-enable behavior to only one track at a time?  Topic is solved

Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:57 pm

Don't rec-enable but go straight into record. This will always work on the selected track only.
Christian Obermaier
Contact me for private Logic Consulting, Training, Troubleshooting via Skype, Zoom or Teamviewer

1 x MacPro 6core 2010 24Gb RAM
2 x MacBookPro i7 2012 16Gb RAM
OSX.14.6. Mojave, Logic X.5.1

wing
Topic Author

Re: Is there a way to switch default record-enable behavior to only one track at a time?

Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:04 am

Ah ok, wasn't aware of that functionality. That helps and addresses my issue. Now I have to break the long-standing 20+ year habit of record enabling in DAWs haha! But I'll figure it out.

I do wish there was something like the hide and solo button at the top bar above the tracks but for record which will alert me when anything is record-enabled (and just like like hide or solo, hitting this button will toggle all relevant tracks on/off from that setting). Wondering if that exists - I right-clicked that pane and there were no options available to customize the view so I'm guessing not?