Logic Pro removes my Scarlet Focusrite as an input device during recording.

Dragnalus141

Whenever I try and record guitar through my focus rite, logic makes a weird glitch sound before changing my input device to built in output. (the last input device is no longer available) because of the change it stops recording but then it switches back to the focus rite without me having to do anything.

I'm not sure if my mac is overloading whats going on but it works completely fine and sounds good when I just play normally without recording.

the projects are pretty big there are 18-25 tracks in each song so far.

I have 25 gb of free storage on my 2017 mac book air. Monterey OS. 4gb of ram. No external hard drive.

I only purchased logic about a week ago so i have the most updated version. Ive searched this forum for hours but couldn't find anything related. If anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it

Did you also just purchase the Focusrite? This sounds like an issue with the Focusrite or its driver, so I would:

1. Go to the Focusrite website and make sure you download and install the latest driver for your version of MacOS (if that isn't the version you already have installed).

2. Delete your Logic preferences.

3. If the issue persists, contact Focusrite tech support.