Hung Up at Splash Screen

eXe4eYe

I opened Logic (10.7.2) for the first time today and never made it past the splash screen. It "Stopped Responding" while checking the last AU plug.

I Force Quit and Restarted the computer, and again, Logic "Stop Responding" on the splash screen message, 'checking the Au plugins' (or something like that). It says that in the splash screen, not a pop up.

Any ideas what's going wrong? I'm guessing it's cuz I'm on a Silicon Mac running Monterey 12.1.

If it matters, I have successfully loaded Reaper in both regular and Rosetta modes. I'm opening Logic regularly.

Thanks.

You likely have one or more third-partys plugin that are crashing, or asking for authorisation and possibly displaying it's dialog behind Logic's splash screen.

Try removing third-party plugins from your plugin folder bit by bit to identify the culprit.

I was afraid that'd be that answer; I got alot of plugs.

Logic scans VST as well (not just AU), right?

No, just AU.

So I moved all the AU plugs to another folder, and was able to open the Plugin Manager, which let me disable the failed ones.

Over half of them passed the check when scanned individually.

However, some AU's, like Line 6 Helix Native, didn't even get scanned.

Is there a way I can manually scan them, if they are in the 'Components' folder, but don't appear in the Plugin Manager?

Thanks.