External instrument stopped showing MIDI ports from interface? [SOLVED]

Sedorikku
Go to solution Solved by Sedorikku,

Hi guys,

I think I am going to turn crazy.

All of a sudden, LPX 10.7 on Mac M1 decided to stop to show my audio interface (UMC1820) in the drop down menu whenever I want to use my hardware synth (V-Synth xt).

1877097617_Capturedcran2022-01-2716_24_26.thumb.png.0a5ee24e495efff1bef83488ef2487c0.png

What's silly is that it recognise it as my audio in and out and works perfectly doing other tasks.

1819288395_Capturedcran2022-01-2716_24_47.thumb.png.4ebe8e7312ac5b70f4f15a1922b6472c.png

So I tried to plug another interface (Scarlet) and same problem happened.

The strange thing is that, plug in the interface on my MBP using Catalina and PLX 10.5, things are working the right way... so frustrating!

Did anyone else got the same behaviour with Monterey/LPX 10.7/M1?

I have the feeling that the more I try to upgrade, the more I spend time fixing issue instead of doing music...

Thanks for help.

Thanks for answer David.

I will contact them, but the thing is that I did not update anything since my last use.

Hope they will have an answer for me.

I was thinking about using a midi to usb cable out of the v-synth, it might be a workaround but since it is an old machine, not sure if it will be recognised...

• Solution

Finally...

After hours of web digging, I found a solution in a 6 years old thread on a forum from a website called... Logicprohelp!!!

LPX no longer sending Midi Out to USB-Midi-Interface

So, not only I had to delete my LPX preferences files, I also deleted the control surface preferences file, as suggested by mclight in this thread, and it worked!

I dunno what the hell was going on, but anyway, now it works thanks to Logiprohelp and its users!

Thanks guys and long life to Logicprohelp! :D

After hours of web digging, I found a solution in a 6 years old thread on a forum from a website called... Logicprohelp!!!

LPX no longer sending Midi Out to USB-Midi-Interface

So, not only I had to delete my LPX preferences files, I also deleted the control surface preferences file, as suggested by mclight in this thread, and it worked!

Great! Very happy to hear and thanks a lot for posting the link to what ended up working for you! :D