Darren's Ringshifter & Modulator trick?

Eric Wikman

Ok, maybe I'm mixing it up? Sorry.

Maybe he was using Massive with the Modulator to rock a parameter back and forth... and then used the Modifier midi plug to limit the range (floor) because the Modulator only let him control the top of the range. I would like to use this same idea with the big knob of the Ringshifter if possible.

Thanks David!

Maybe he was using Massive with the Modulator to rock a parameter back and forth... and then used the Modifier midi plug to limit the range (floor) because the Modulator only let him control the top of the range. I would like to use this same idea with the big knob of the Ringshifter if possible.

Yes! I remember him doing that, for sure. So in Massive, assign a MIDI CC# to a parameter. Then he was using the Modulator to generate that CC# with an LFO, then the Modifier to scale and offset the range of the LFO.

However AFAIK you can't control the big knob of the Ring Modulator with MIDI CC.

Why not just use Smart Controls instead?

Hi Eric,

Yes it was Massive not RingShifter. RingShifter doesn't yet receive MIDI CC directly. Your right that I used MIDI FX Modulator with Modifier. First I placed Modulator and set it's "To" setting to General Purpose MIDI CC 16. Then I placed a MIDI FX Modifier directly under it with it's Input Event and Re-Assign To parameters set to the same GP 16 CC #. You can scale the data obviously with the Scale Slider, and if you want to raise the "floor" of the data you use the "Add" slider. Hope that helps! :) - Darren