Deleting an Arrangement Marker? [SOLVED]

David Nahmani

The only way Ive found to delete an arrangement marker without deleting the section of the song, is to drag all regions you don't want to delete away from that arrangement marker, then delete the arrangement marker and drag those regions back to its original position. I found this to be really weird I thought I was doing something wrong. But I did submit to apple through user feedback that there should be a way to delete arrangement markers without it affecting those regions in it by right clicking an arrangement marker and have there be an option to delete.

This is a workaround but it will save you some time.

• For almost all markers you can select the marker to the right of the one you want to get rid of.
    Drag that markers left edge to the left until the previous marker disappears.

• If it is the marker at the end of the song select it's adjacent marker to the left instead and drag the right edge to the right.

• if you only have one marker and want to get rid of it you can move the right edge to the right until you are at the end of the song where there are no regions. Now move the left edge all the way to the right and press delete.

• 6 months later...

I tried this again a few more times and got it to work about 25% of the time. I can't find anything that might explain the variance. The workaround is fairly simple... I just use the locators to select the same area as the arrangement marker and use "Cut Selection". But it is annoying that this is so random.

Thanks.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

not solved for me? I setup some sections initially but now want to reconfigure i.e. start from scratch , I just can't delete these markers without it taking all the region below it, there's apparently no easy way to reconfigure its start and end points i.e. like with Markers on the browser / list pane.

I guess these things are just still buggy

• 7 months later...
I had the same problem and found this older post. I don't know if "everybody" knows how to do this now, but if somebody else have this problem, the solution is to click and hold at the left of the arrangement marker you want to delete and then drag it all the way to the left and let go.

• 1 year later...
You can use the "eraser" for the Arrangement marker. Thought I'd put that in so ppl who search for an answer get a easy way of doing it

Just tried it now but it did not work as expected. Those arrangement tracks just won't play nice, it seems.

Just tried this david, fantastic, works perfectly for me in Logic 10.3.2, El Capitan 10.11.3

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but today I wanted to delete an arrangement marker and I couldn't find the right way to do it. I checked this thread and learned something new (Eric's workaround), even though I never use the arrangement markers.

When there's only 1 marker, there's no need to drag the marker to a section with no regions. We just need to drag one of the edges pass the opposite edge (or if the marker is on the grid, just align both edges) and it will disappear. Here are 2 examples, where you can see that overlapping markers and even going over the other edge of the next (or previous) marker, will delete it. Hope it helps:

Overlapping markers

delete-arrangement-markers.gif.7dfce2e87261abae581c864e4710b636.gif

Aligning edges to the grid

delete-arrangement-markers2.gif.4b832bc58b12fe229f0c66c5b58e1672.gif

With the Suspend Content Connection option, you can just delete the marker, but if you don't want the extra clicks, dragging the edges will just save you time :)

• 2 years later...

How do I use the "Suspend Content Connection option" to just delete all the arrangement markers and start fresh? I cannot understand the manual's instructions:

"In Logic Pro, Control-click the title Arrangement in the arrangement track header, then choose Suspend Content Connection from the shortcut menu that appears."

Where do I Control-click?

I realize this is sacrilegious, but I just cannot seem to understand the Logic user guide. I try.