Modulator and Retro Synth

matcaster

Is there any way to use the modulator to control for example the Cutoff frequency of RetroSynth.

I managed to do it with massive by attributing a cc number to one of the macro controls and using this cc as a destination in modulator.

But i don't know how to map any retrosynth parameter to a specific cc.

I hope this is clear :D

thx

AFAIK that's not possible. RetroSynth uses fader events to control its settings, and the modulator can only generate aftertouch, pitch bend, or MIDI CC 1 through 119.

There is a (limited) workaround: in Retro Synth, click Settings and map aftertouch or mod wheel to one of the available parameters (limited in choice) and then generate aftertouch or mod wheel data with the modulator.

• 4 months later...

Jordi,

How exactly do you make a CC assignment from the IAC Driver with MIDI Learn or Smart Controls?

I am familiar with using MIDI Learn for external controller assignments but not for manually entering specific CC values from within the software. When creating an external controller assignment, I see the CC number showing up between the "Value Change" and "Touch/Release" fields of the Assignment window. I can't figure out how to manually enter the CC assignment, though (in this case coming from the IAC Driver as routed from the Modulator plugin).

I am sure that I am overlooking something very simple. Thank you for your help!

Adam

When creating an external controller assignment, I see the CC number showing up between the "Value Change" and "Touch/Release" fields of the Assignment window. I can't figure out how to manually enter the CC assignment, though (in this case coming from the IAC Driver as routed from the Modulator plugin).

If the CC is coming in via IAC like you say, you don't need to do anything manually, simply use the Learn function.

J.

• 4 years later...

Has this changed? Because there are artickes like this: https://ask.audio/articles/how-to-instantly-modulate-any-parameter-in-logic-pro-x

..which seem to indicate that anything can be “learned”. Now I know I’ve done it before also, but can’t seem to get it to work right now. Does it have anything to do with assigning smart controls? I’d like to assign an LFO to the oscillator blend slider. With the wavetable oscillators, should make for a nice vector synth type sound.aybe it depends on the version of Logic being used?