User Patches and Sends

undeadaudio

Hey Guys,

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I'm having an issue with Logic X's new patch feature.

Before posting, I've read the following threads:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97397

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99935

I apologize in advance if this has been covered or reported as a bug already. If someone could please help me understand...

I just created over a dozen software instrument patches. All patches were UVI Instruments, with a specific preset set, a Channel EQ, and a specific track icon. All of the patches I created and saved had no sends.

Now, when I'm loading these patches, they are loading with two post fader sends... This is occurs with Patch Merge enabled or disabled.

Whats more troubling, is that if I remove the sends, save the patch again, and click "Revert" these sends appear again.. It's driving me a little nuts - I've read the manual and the threads above - I can't find any reason as to why this would be occurring short of a bug.

Is there any other insight on this someone could offer? I don't understand why a patch created with NO sends, is being recalled with sends...

Thanks in advance for reading - I'm looking forward to contributing to this forum.

If you saved the patch without sends it should be recalled without sends.

That's what I thought!

Are you sure you are saving a patch (when the little arrow on the channel strip in the inspector is on the "Setting" button and not a plug-in setting (when that arrow is on the instrument or the effect plug-ins)?

I've created a video showing my issue. I'm 99% sure I'm saving a patch and not a plugin setting...

Logic X Patches bug.mp4.zip

Some more information:

If I remove both of these sends and enable Patch Merging and selecting only MIDI Effects, Instruments, & Audio Effects (omitting Sends), the patch loads correctly, without the Sends. If I then click Revert, the sends are then loaded.

It's like the Sends are saved into the patch, even though they were never saved into it in the first place, and despite resaving the patch with no sends, they still appear!

Pretty confusing... All of these patches are with a UVI Workstation Instrument.

The video clearly shows the issue, but I can't reproduce it here. Did you start from an empty channel strip? Or from a channel strip that had already some default patch inserted?

That had to have been it. I must have started from a patch that had sends at one point. I've just created an empty software instrument (without checking the "Open Library" check box), and created and saved a patch from there - it's recalled correctly.

I guess I need to be careful what I start with when creating custom patches. I would assume that removing sends from a channel strip, and saving it as a patch, would remove those sends from the patch as well, but I guess not.

Thanks for the help David!

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
I've always had issues also with Patches I create recalling sends. I use templates all the time and it messes up and assigns sends to my Auxes from my template I had already used instead of creating the all the new ones. Also happens from an empty new song. I tried starting from a blank instrument also. Anyone ever discover any info to help with this.