Fade Tool is not working [SOLVED]

Simoneon

Hey,

I'm using Logic Pro X, and I've come to a strange bug (I don't know how, though).

It happens only to some of the projects, so I guess it is possible to solve this problem somehow.

Basically what happens - when I choose Fade Tool, and try to add a fade on my audio track by dragging it along it doesn't add a fade, instead it moves the track itself in the direction I'm dragging the Fade Tool... This happens in main window as well as in editor window.

I really want to get rid of the popping sound of the audio track, but right now I can't, so what should I do...?

Edited by Simoneon

Hi Simoneon

This is probably because either a) you have a multitake comp audio object or b) you are using Flextime. Both of these scenarios prevent you from using the fade tool. Regular audio regions will be ok. Turn of flextime or flatten down the comp audio object and you should be able to use the fade tool. Otherwise you could use automation to get round the issue and have the best of both worlds.

Cheers.

Thanks for you answer.

Well, neither one of your solutions seem to work. I don't want to use automation, because I have delay effects on the track itself and I don't want to lose them. I disabled Flex and everything else, but it still moves the track instead of adding a fade to it...

Any more ideas?

It's crucial by the way, because I'm about to release this song, but the only thing that is bugging me is that popping sound on the audio track, and I can't get rid of it...

I even tried to add a fade to all the tracks via Region editor (?) and set the Fade In & Out to 1

What if instead of setting the fade tool...you leave it as the pointer tool then hold down Shift-Control when you're over the region's edge. Doing that should bring up the fade tool when using it with regions that can have fades.

Are you sure Flex Pitch is not enabled on that region? And are you certain it's not a take folder your dealing with?

J.

• 7 years later...

I have this trouble when trying to use Fade tool on a Flex Pitched Audio region.

My mouse cursor is set to offer Pointer/Fade/Marquee depending on where on the region I have.

It wants to ignore the Fade and only give me Time Stretch on Felx Pitched Audio regions.

I keep the Fade tool as my right click for this scenario and I can still do fades on such regions.

I have this trouble when trying to use Fade tool on a Flex Pitched Audio region.

My mouse cursor is set to offer Pointer/Fade/Marquee depending on where on the region I have.

It wants to ignore the Fade and only give me Time Stretch on Felx Pitched Audio regions.

I keep the Fade tool as my right click for this scenario and I can still do fades on such regions.

Fade tool doesn't work when Flex View is enabled. Turn Flex View off (Command-F) and you'll have your fade tool.