External multi instrument

Byland

Hello!

I wonder if anybody can help me with the multi instrument and external instrument in logic x. Some time I use my yamaha s70xs keyboard as a sound source and I think all my setting are right for everything works well except that all my 5 external tracks seems go to reverb bus even though the track don’t send anything. So if I turn the send knob up on the external guitar track in the mixer to the reverb bus, I hear the drum track in the reverb. The guitar track sending midi cannel 3 and drum track on midi 1. Midi tracks is on midi cannel 1-5 External tracks midi on cannel 1-5. I have 2 multi instrument in midi Environment window one for drums and one for all the other instrument. Whats wrong?

all my 5 external tracks seems go to reverb bus even though the track don’t send anything.

Can you post a screenshot of the mixer showing those 5 tracks, the reverb bus, and the activity on the meters (so we can see where there's audio signal present)?

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.3)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.8.5)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Your issue seems to be related to the way you routed your audio from your Yamaha keyboard to Logic.according to the manual your Yamaha s70xs has two discrete audio outputs. If you intend to record in realtime, that limits you to two different mono audio sources from your Yamaha keyboard, each assigned to its discrete External Instrument track.

So this is the point. So I must have 5 different synth and 5 inputs on my audio interface If I vill decide the quantity of reverb for each part.

that would be one way to make it work. One way or another, Logic needs to have access to the individual sound of an instrument if you want Logic to add reverb to that sound individually. Right now you're feeding Logic the mix, so there's nothing Logic can do to process your instruments individually.

Atlas suggested you record your instruments as audio tracks, one by one. That's a solution to have their individual audio recordings available to Logic and therefore be able to process them individually.