Logic Pro book by David Nahmani (Apple Pro Training Series)

David Nahmani

Congrats Boss, I still often read the previous version, I'm still on 9, haven't enough works to justify the step...

All ".0" software versions are buggy, and 10.0.0 is not an exception to the rule, it just follows the rule. 9.0.0 was buggy when I wrote the Logic 9 book, and 8.0.0 was buggy when I wrote the Logic 8 book.

Someone might think that there is a relationship between your writing and the bugs..

:mrgreen:

Just got the message from Amazon

Looks like they're slowly waking up. Here's a message I just got from Amazon:

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on December 20, 2013 (...). The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

Nahmani, David "Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro X: Professional Music Production"

Previous estimated arrival date: December 31, 2013 - January 03, 2014

New estimated arrival date: December 27, 2013 - December 28, 2013

And what if Apple would get 15% ???

… then the Publisher would still charge the same price as printed books and therefor pocket the extra 15% additional profit.

Its the same game as it was with the music industry when switching from physical media to digital distribution. THe elimination of the physical media, the printing cost, the glass master, the trucks, the delivery, etc wasn't passed on to the customer as savings at the beginning either.

Sorry, was a lot more thought behind my post. I do understand that apple doesn't set the prices, but the publishers tend not to discount the books on iBooks because of their fees, at least from what I read and hear. So, hence my frustration directed toward apple. Far too often books are more expensive on iBooks than other stores, at least initially, and at least for the books that I want to buy.

..., but the publishers tend not to discount the books on iBooks because of their fees, at least from what I read and hear. .

What fees? The good thing is that it is transparent on the iBookstore and I guess it is the same for app developers and book publisher). You set the the price for your app or book whatever you want and Apple just gets their 30%. If the publisher want to mark up their product to pass along the 30% to the customer, that's a different story.

However, that is not even the problem. Go to Peachpit for example and you can see that they are selling the printed book pretty much for the same price as the eBooks. Either they are getting dead trees and ink for free or the company that does the the Word to ePub conversion charges way too much. Something just doesn't feel right.

Hello,

Just a question:

My Macbook Pro does not have the US layout. It is Belgian, which closely resembles the French keyboard layout. I did follow the groove3.com training video's before and had quite some difficulties because of this.

I even bought an external US keyboard to be able to use the same key commands. But that is not an option when I am away from my main working space.

Should I load the default US keyboard Commands file anyway?

Hugo