Logic Pro book by David Nahmani (Apple Pro Training Series)

David Nahmani

Just read through the posts and now it seems the £22 i spent was a complete waste of money!!!

What a croc - and now i'm expected to pay a further £22 for the 10.1 book when I am using 10.2.3

Is there a 10.2 book on the way before i throw another £22 in the bin?

Is there a 10.2 book on the way before i throw another £22 in the bin?

There's currently no 10.2 book on the way. We're kinda at the mercy of when and how Apple decides to release a new version or sub-version of Logic, and it's not always easy to determine the best way to update the book either.

I wish there was a way for LPX book customers to get a free or reduced upgrade price to get the LPX 10.1 book, in fact I asked my publisher about that, but unfortunately they are not set up for that.

Hi,

do I need all the update files or does the latest update have all the information from the previous updates included?

Sometimes there are intermittent updates to the software itself, so the errata is an important thing to download and print out and keep handy. If you do as I did, start at page 1 and go cover to cover, you will certainly come across points that need special attention or explanation - I find that these forums will be your best friend as you work through the lessons. Most everything you need will be in place and I made it through with very few times needing to come here and ask a question and find out that some update was needed, because of the software being upgraded in the interim. Congratulations, You are embarking upon a very satisfying and rewarding adventure...

Ken

PS: before you begin, I would recommend that you establish some method of taking notes for yourself as you proceed, this way you will have, as I have now, a condensed version of the book hitting the high notes with points and reminders of how to tackle each subject, in your own words and notes. This has been the greatest help to me and remains at the ready whenever I need refresher on any subject in the book.

• 2 months later...
which exam shall I take, and the book, since the updates are also available. 

Hi Visha, 

You should take the 10.2 exam and study with my current book (Logic Pro X 10.1) along with the PDF Errata for 10.2.2 that you can find right here

Hope that helps! Good luck with your certification exam, and let me know if you have any other questions. 

• 2 weeks later...
The book seems to be out of stock everywhere, i.e. Amazon, B&N, and Pearson (Peach Pit).  All these sites say the book will ship between 3 - 6 weeks if I order it today. I'm wondering if there's a new version in the works or what? I'd love to get my hands on it ASAP.

Hi Miles,

You're correct, a new version, updated for Logic Pro X 10.2, is being printed. It should be available shortly although I don't know when exactly. The updated eBook, iBook and Kindle versions are already available.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I just ordered the 10.1 (with the 10.2 updates on the Home Page). Will there be other new stuff in the new edition than those found on the site right now? 

If so I want to cancel my order asap and wait for the new edition. Please advice.

JC 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Two questions:

1) Is a new edition of this book possible for 10.3 or is it more likely to have a supplemental PDF like for 10.1 -> 10.2?

2) How does the Kindle edition of the book stack up against the Paperback in terms of being able to see pictures and figures? Would I be able to easily read it on my Paperwhite, or would I be better off viewing it from a desktop app or actual tablet?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Dear David, thanks for the good work, I want to support you and buy the book in either epub/ibooks format or PDF.

Amazon only sells kindle / hardcopy. 

Do you know what the best place to buy it in PDF / ibook format is? thanks!

You can buy the eBook on peachpit.com: http://www.peachpit.com/store/logic-pro-x-10.3-apple-pro-training-series-professional-9780134785103

You can buy the iBook from the iBook store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/logic-pro-x-10-3-apple-pro-training-series/id1262409863?mt=11

Hope that helps!

My best, 

David. 

I tried to buy it in iBooks but it is not available in my country (sweden). Will it be out in all regions?

I'm not sure exactly what language the book is translated into but I don't believe it is translated into Swedish. Can you not buy the English language version?

It was the english version I tried to purchase. Ingot the error message that it is not available in my country.

• 2 weeks later...

It was the english version I tried to purchase. Ingot the error message that it is not available in my country.

Wha...at? That's so messed up. Sorry to hear that. :( Maybe you could try changing your country...? 

Sorry for late response. That unfortunately needs a credit card from that country. I have the book in print so I am able to enjoy it. Would you be able to ask your publisher if it is possible to make it available i more regions?