Logic Pro book by David Nahmani (Apple Pro Training Series)

David Nahmani

• 2 months later...

Hey David,

I downloaded a demo version of Auto Tune Pro and when I use Logic Pro X the audio cuts off...I already tried increasing my I/O buffer size, freezing tracks, changing Bit Rates, and doing sends. Almost everything I can think of to reduce my CPU. Even afterwards there is still cuts in the audio of the vocals with the plugin of Antares and when I bounce out and export there is still cutoffs in the audio when I play it on iTunes, etc.

Can you please help me out???

Thank you,

Jr

• 1 month later...

Hi David! Been a minute since I've been around, but glad you're still here :D

I used your LP8 book to get me recording with LP8. Then I started the LPX (10.0) book when I eventually upgraded. I never passed lesson 7. Now I'm upgrading my mac and interface after 5 year break from recording, and I want to know if I try to work through lesson 7 will I run into a lot of changes now that we are on 10.4.5?

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is there a manual/tutorial book forthcoming for the 10.5 update? I have noticed that the hot keys among other things have been changed.

Yes, I am working on writing an updated book for 10.5, it should be out in July. What key command have you noticed changed from 10.4?

Hello David,

If I purchase the 10.4 book now, does PeachPit Press, in the past, offer some sort of discount on purchasing the 10.5 version when it is released? I don't think I can wait until July to start learning Logic Pro X!

• 1 month later...
At the end of a section in Lesson 7, just above the heading "Creating Tempo Changes and Tempo Curves" I find these instructions: "Choose File > Close Project without saving the project." However, the first instructions in the next section seem to imply that a project is already open. This is in the 10.4 Web Edition from informit.com.

I believe that's a mistake in the instructions. Keep the project open.

• 3 weeks later...
When you say "new book" are you referring to the Kindle version only (not the print version)? The print book has Logic 10.4 on the cover. Or are you saying the current print version on Amazon has all the 10.5 update information? I'm interested in the print version since I find hardcopy-books easier to learn from than Kindle books. So if the print version does not contain the 10.5 update, and one chooses to buy the print version, there is no way to receive a supplement, either via PDF, document, or Kindle?