Logic Pro book by David Nahmani (Apple Pro Training Series)

David Nahmani

• 2 weeks later...

David thanks for this book, it is extremely helpful. I have had Logic a while and have done some audio recording projects but never got past the basics.

I have done the exercises in the first 2 chapters and have learned so much. Before I move forward going to try to build out a song using loops and drummer to practice what you have so clearly taught.

Just wanted to say thanks for an awesome product.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll try a few more times and see if the new generated one works, but I'm losing patience with it to be honest. I did have the previous version of this book, which was excellent. But, really, at £50 there should be a CD, it's cheap on the part of Peachpit to charge such an amount for a book and then not include a 20p CD with it.

Peachpit are totally useless when it comes to customer service, it simply doesn't exist. Anyway, I'm sorted with it now.

I'm sorry to hear you've experienced issues (apparently), I wish you hadn't deleted your original post and had instead detailed what helped you resolve your issue, that could perhaps help others? Or I could have had a chance to contact the publisher and ask them for help?

Hi David

Apparently, when you go through this on a different browser, or computer, it generates a different chapter/page/word. I did it on both browsers on my iMac, so I then went onto my laptop and it generated a different chapter/page/code and, third time lucky, it worked for some reason. Anyway, sorted that way. No idea what happened as I checked and double-checked I had the correct word during the first two attempts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi David - I've been reviewing answers to operational questions for months now but this is the first time I've posted to any forums. I'm going to get a 16" MacBook Pro with the new M2 chip along with Logic Pro this summer, and I'm writing to ask if there's likely to be an updated version of the book released in connection with that?

Thanks,

Chipp

• 1 month later...

Hi David and others.

I just bought Logic Pro X 10.5 - Apple Pro Training Series on amazon.

Excuse my ignorance, since it is my first Kindle book (I read a lot, but physical books !).

After buying David's book, it automatically opened on my browser, on a Kindle Cloud Reader. I can't find a file on my local Mac with the book, so is the book only in that cloud and do I always need to be online to read it ?

If I quit my browser, how will I get back to the book ? I did not even register to that Kindle Cloud Reader, so how am I gonna be recognized ?

Sorry for that simple question, I'm getting modern, your help will be appreciated.

Hi David and others.

I just bought Logic Pro X 10.5 - Apple Pro Training Series on amazon.

Excuse my ignorance, since it is my first Kindle book (I read a lot, but physical books !).

After buying David's book, it automatically opened on my browser, on a Kindle Cloud Reader. I can't find a file on my local Mac with the book, so is the book only in that cloud and do I always need to be online to read it ?

If I quit my browser, how will I get back to the book ? I did not even register to that Kindle Cloud Reader, so how am I gonna be recognized ?

Sorry for that simple question, I'm getting modern, your help will be appreciated.

Hi Bebop,

I believe that you can read the book offline. Just because you're using an internet browser doesn't mean you're online. For example I have software that have HTML manual that I have downloaded, and when I double-click the manual, they open in my browser and behave just like an website, except that because all the data is on my Mac, I don't need an internet connection to browse it.

Here's a link I found, hopefully it's helpful? Let me know if you can't find a resolution for this, and I'll contact my publisher and ask them. https://www.epubor.com/how-to-enable-kindle-cloud-reader-offline.html#part1

Hi david,

Yes, I know what you are saying about being on html documents without being online,, But it seems that I don't get the ebook, it's only stored in the amazon cloud, in my kindle library, so I believe that I have to be connected to access the book. I can live with that, but I wonder if there's a way to get the ebook in order to open it, maybe, with another reader than the one of Amazon.

Don't spend too much time on that, if you don't know.

I will appreciate your book ! And I will have less questions one of these days !

• 2 months later...

Hi David, I am new to posting on sites like this so excuse me if this isn't the right place to ask! I am currently working through the Logic Pro X 10.5 book and I have a question. On page 310 point 4 and page 311 point 7, should it not read Listen to the 'Just like this vocal' track rather than "Alpha Bass Matrix". I have checked the errata doc. on the Pearson site and there is no mention of this. Should we not be listening to the effects that the distortion/volume combination are having on the vocal track rather than the bass or have I missed something?

Many thanks in advance.

Nick

Hi David, I am new to posting on sites like this so excuse me if this isn't the right place to ask! I am currently working through the Logic Pro X 10.5 book and I have a question. On page 310 point 4 and page 311 point 7, should it not read Listen to the 'Just like this vocal' track rather than "Alpha Bass Matrix". I have checked the errata doc. on the Pearson site and there is no mention of this. Should we not be listening to the effects that the distortion/volume combination are having on the vocal track rather than the bass or have I missed something?

Many thanks in advance.

Nick

Nick, thanks so much for your feedback! Perfect place to post this. And you're 100% right, it should be the Just Like This Vocal track and not the Alpha Matrix Bass track in steps #4, 7, and 9.

I have reported this to Pearson, so that they can add it to the Errata.

Thanks again. :)

Thank you David, I’m fairly experienced with Logic and I have worked my way through all your other books, which are fabulous by the way, I just thought I might have lost the plot here. Best wishes and thanks very much for the very prompt reply.

Great! And no unfortunately that was me, I lost the plot. I remember originally making that exercise with a bass sample, then later I decided to switch to using a vocal sample, and some of the old text stayed when it should have been updated. My mistake.

Hi David, firstly thanks for all your work on these books, they're really useful and I'm enjoying learning Logic again after a long break.

I first purchased your Logic 9 book probably about 10 years ago, and I just bought the web version of the Logic 10.5 book. My friend also has the 10.4 book which I borrowed a while ago, and I noticed that the chapters are different and the song is different in chapter 1 (amongst many other differences too I presume). I was just wondering if you think there's any value in me working through both the 10.4 and 10.5 books alongside each other, just to get the full picture in terms of working on different songs etc?

Thanks!

Allan

Hi David, firstly thanks for all your work on these books, they're really useful and I'm enjoying learning Logic again after a long break.

I first purchased your Logic 9 book probably about 10 years ago, and I just bought the web version of the Logic 10.5 book. My friend also has the 10.4 book which I borrowed a while ago, and I noticed that the chapters are different and the song is different in chapter 1 (amongst many other differences too I presume). I was just wondering if you think there's any value in me working through both the 10.4 and 10.5 books alongside each other, just to get the full picture in terms of working on different songs etc?

Hello Allan, and thank you for your kind words!

Yes there are quite a few differences between the 10.4 and the 10.5 books. In the new 10.5 book Lesson 1 introduces Live Loops, Lesson 3 is a new lesson that covers plug-ins, Lesson 5 is a new lesson that covers sampling (and mostly the new Quick Sampler), Lessons 7 and 8 are new lessons that cover creating and arranging musical material (MIDI and Audio) in Logic. The rest of the lessons are more or less the same as in the 10.4 book.

I don't have the 10.4 book with me but I believe that there are a few things in the 10.4 book that are not covered in the 10.5 book as well.

• 1 month later...

I own and have used the 10.4 book. For some reason the amazon sites do not allow one to look inside your 10.5 book and specifically to read the index. Can you please try to fix this - all that is offered is a small part of the book content but with no access to the index it's not really possible to know what will be found in the book...

Thanks, I hope this can be fixed, and if it is I look forward to ordering another of your books!

M/RS

I own and have used the 10.4 book. For some reason the amazon sites do not allow one to look inside your 10.5 book and specifically to read the index. Can you please try to fix this - all that is offered is a small part of the book content but with no access to the index it's not really possible to know what will be found in the book...

Thanks, I hope this can be fixed, and if it is I look forward to ordering another of your books!

M/RS

Hello, I'm not really sure why Amazon doesn't offer the index in the left column as part of the preview but that's really out of my hands. On the other hand you can scroll to the book index to see it there:

index.gif.a4c8a31a3400112d4295496cbe4e0a39.gif

Purchased as a huge thanks to David and the rest of the Forum members.

Ditto! I purchased at the original price months ago for much the same reason but the book is great as well so no regrets here; and at 30 bucks it would be a no brainer for the quality of content you get. Would encourage anyone using Logic to buy the book. It's a natural companion to the software.