A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

 
User avatar
MateoSharuma
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:48 pm

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (updated for 10.4)

Sat May 16, 2020 10:18 am

Is there a manual/tutorial book forthcoming for the 10.5 update? I have noticed that the hot keys among other things have been changed.
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Topic Author
Posts: 84047
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (updated for 10.4)

Sat May 16, 2020 11:03 am

MateoSharuma wrote:
Is there a manual/tutorial book forthcoming for the 10.5 update? I have noticed that the hot keys among other things have been changed.

Yes, I am working on writing an updated book for 10.5, it should be out in July. What key command have you noticed changed from 10.4?
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
Citizen_Ken
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 1:02 pm

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (updated for 10.4)

Wed May 27, 2020 3:40 pm

David Nahmani wrote:
MateoSharuma wrote:
Is there a manual/tutorial book forthcoming for the 10.5 update? I have noticed that the hot keys among other things have been changed.

Yes, I am working on writing an updated book for 10.5, it should be out in July. What key command have you noticed changed from 10.4?


Hello David,

If I purchase the 10.4 book now, does PeachPit Press, in the past, offer some sort of discount on purchasing the 10.5 version when it is released? I don't think I can wait until July to start learning Logic Pro X!
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Topic Author
Posts: 84047
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (updated for 10.4)

Wed May 27, 2020 11:32 pm

Honestly I don't think there's such a program in place for my book but you can always ask the publisher directly: https://www.peachpit.com/about/contact_us/
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
alexmoore10
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:08 am

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (updated for 10.4)

Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:01 am

Hi there. Do you have any idea when in July please as I am desperate to get started!!! Thanks in advance!
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Topic Author
Posts: 84047
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (updated for 10.4)

Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:29 am

Hi Alex,

I honestly don't know, I'm writing as fast as possible, however I know that even once I'm done there are still a few weeks needed for production and printing.
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
alexmoore10
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:08 am

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (updated for 10.4)

Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:14 am

David Nahmani wrote:
Hi Alex,

I honestly don't know, I'm writing as fast as possible, however I know that even once I'm done there are still a few weeks needed for production and printing.


That's fine. I shall just have to be patient! :)
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Topic Author
Posts: 84047
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (updated for 10.4)

Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:26 am

:mrgreen:
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
User avatar
Makzimia
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:06 am
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (10.5 update in the works!)

Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:31 am

Patience... nope all gone C19 done got it all... my poor wife.
Logic Pro X 10.5.1 / Cubase 10.5 Pro / Studio One Pro 5.0
Macbook Pro 2018
OSX 10.14.6
6 core 2.6GHZ i7 16GB RAM
UA Apollo Quad TB3
X-touch
SD 3 / NI 12 Ultimate CE / Ozone 9 Adv. Neutron 3 Adv.
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Topic Author
Posts: 84047
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (10.5 update in the works!)

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:13 pm

jdashton wrote:
At the end of a section in Lesson 7, just above the heading "Creating Tempo Changes and Tempo Curves" I find these instructions: "Choose File > Close Project without saving the project." However, the first instructions in the next section seem to imply that a project is already open. This is in the 10.4 Web Edition from informit.com.

I believe that's a mistake in the instructions. Keep the project open.
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
User avatar
Hamlet S.
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 2:15 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (10.5 update in the works!)

Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:55 am

Hi @David Nahmani, I'm looking forward to your release on this 10.5. how are you doing with the writing and a release date?
Mac mini server 2 GHz quadcore i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, System drive: SSD 500g, Audio drive: 500g HD (7400) . OSX 10.12.3, Logic 10.3. Neve 1073DPD & Apogee mini-me in, Benchmark DAC-1 & Genelec 1031a's out.
-
Apple Certified Pro, Logic Pro 9, level 1.
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Topic Author
Posts: 84047
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (10.5 update in the works!)

Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:08 am

The writing was finished over a month ago, the book is now in production phase. The official release date is september 24th: https://www.peachpit.com/store/logic-pr ... 0136886624
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
poulsen
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (10.5 update in the works!)

Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:28 am

Great! Is this also true for the digital edition?
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Topic Author
Posts: 84047
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (10.5 update in the works!)

Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:30 am

As far as I know, but maybe it will come out a few days early, I'm not sure.
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
User avatar
Hamlet S.
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 2:15 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (10.5 update in the works!)

Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:57 pm

David Nahmani wrote:
The writing was finished over a month ago, the book is now in production phase. The official release date is september 24th: https://www.peachpit.com/store/logic-pr ... 0136886624


GREAT, thanks David.
Mac mini server 2 GHz quadcore i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, System drive: SSD 500g, Audio drive: 500g HD (7400) . OSX 10.12.3, Logic 10.3. Neve 1073DPD & Apogee mini-me in, Benchmark DAC-1 & Genelec 1031a's out.
-
Apple Certified Pro, Logic Pro 9, level 1.
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Topic Author
Posts: 84047
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (10.5 update in the works!)

Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:06 pm

You're welcome!
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
User avatar
studio460
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:47 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (10.5 update in the works!)

Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:39 am

How will the update for 10.5 be implemented for the print-version?
• Apple Logic Pro X 10.5.1 | Logic Remote 1.4.1 | macOS 10.15.6
• Late-2015 27" iMac Retina 5K | 4GHz Core i7 | 40GB DDR3 RAM
• Late-2012 MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Core i7 + 16GB RAM.
• NI Komplete Audio 6 Mk II USB 2.0 audio interface (input only: S/PDIF, TRS).
• M-Audio M-Track 2X2M USB 2.0 audio interface (monitoring only).
• Roland M-1000 4-input S/PDIF digital line-mixers (x2).
• Behringer RX1602 16-input analog line-mixers (x2).
• Plugable powered 10-port USB 2.0 hub.
• Yamaha HS5 monitors.
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Topic Author
Posts: 84047
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (10.5 update in the works!)

Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:14 am

There's no update path unfortunately, you have to buy the new book (which is really different, so not really an update anyway).
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
User avatar
studio460
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:47 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (10.5 update in the works!)

Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:48 am

When you say "new book" are you referring to the Kindle version only (not the print version)? The print book has Logic 10.4 on the cover. Or are you saying the current print version on Amazon has all the 10.5 update information? I'm interested in the print version since I find hardcopy-books easier to learn from than Kindle books. So if the print version does not contain the 10.5 update, and one chooses to buy the print version, there is no way to receive a supplement, either via PDF, document, or Kindle?
• Apple Logic Pro X 10.5.1 | Logic Remote 1.4.1 | macOS 10.15.6
• Late-2015 27" iMac Retina 5K | 4GHz Core i7 | 40GB DDR3 RAM
• Late-2012 MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Core i7 + 16GB RAM.
• NI Komplete Audio 6 Mk II USB 2.0 audio interface (input only: S/PDIF, TRS).
• M-Audio M-Track 2X2M USB 2.0 audio interface (monitoring only).
• Roland M-1000 4-input S/PDIF digital line-mixers (x2).
• Behringer RX1602 16-input analog line-mixers (x2).
• Plugable powered 10-port USB 2.0 hub.
• Yamaha HS5 monitors.
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Topic Author
Posts: 84047
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: Logic Pro X manual/tutorial book (10.5 update in the works!)

Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:03 am

I was referring to all versions, electronic and print. The 10.5 book should be out second half of September: https://www.peachpit.com/store/logic-pr ... 0136886624
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM