Is there a Frequency analyzer in pro X?

Hardwired Flaws

Thank you guys. Both posts are helpful. The plugin eq linked by shiver is the closest thing I might need. Being able to hover of the spectrum and see the exact frequency is what I'm after. Actually I'd like to be able to hit a note and know the exact frequency in a hz read out.

Say I'm in a 12T5 ( 12 true fifths)tuning and after certain frequencies and the over tones.just one example.

Kinda more for frequency training rather than just knowing the notes. An A note is an A note at many different frequencies.You can learn A all day long and know the fret board upside down. Why not know the exact frequencies also?

Thank you for your help.

" What is the frequency Kennith"

lol

• 3 years later...

I have adapted your settings (second checkbox was checked and the third wasn't)

But my settings window still looks a bit different from yours. I added a screenshot.

R and/or I is enabled; I get an input signal, but can't get the equalizer to analyze/display the incoming frequencies, unless I playback a track/clip. Here is a little screencast to illustrate what I am looking for.

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7j8df3ht5uv3sub/Logic%20Pro%20Input%20Metering.mov?dl=0

6AA06DEB-2553-4328-9F2E-183BA9BD0628.thumb.png.7f13c768949e1856d3e43d7986a85273.png

my settings now

I already (and just again) tried all combinations of I+R on the track itself. 

The EQ on this channel just doesn't give a crap about it when I wanna analyze the input while I test / play.

Maybe there is a big misunderstanding here and what I am trying to do is impossible? If you guys have the time a little screencast like mine might help to clarify things?

Yeah I did, switch on and off so many times :(

Even changed between "pre" and "post" .. the little button-in-the-button there.

I am getting more and more a feeling of "analyzing without a moving playhead is not possible" – please raise my hopes again! 

Getting this to work would really enables me to shape my tone. :'(

Ok let's try something different just as a test:

Add some kind of plugin that will totally alter the sound of your guitar like a distortion, phaser, delay. Play the guitar (without playing the project) and see if you can hear the effected guitar. I just want to make sure that the input is being affected by the plugin and that you can hear the effect. Let's go from there first

I don't know why, but yesterday night it worked in combination with my Line6 Helix (guitar processor which I also use as some sort auf external-soundcard)

But now only with my built-in mic from the MacBook the same issue as before. 

Maybe it had to do with the delay I added (as suggested) or maybe the checkboxes only took effect after multiple restarts (? :D)

– I'll get back to you this evening.