Upgrading from a pirated version of LPX

MC410

Okay, so I admit, for a few months I was using a pirated version of LPX (10.0.2). And because I've realized what a fantastic program it really is, I went ahead and purchased it via the app store. I wanted to support the developers, get in on the constant updates, and get rid of the nagging feeling that comes along with using a pirated version. Plus, after paying for something using your hard earned money, you're more inclined to want to master it. Anyway, after buying it in the app store, it just went ahead and updated the version I already have installed and downloaded the additional content.

So my question to you guys is...

Do you advise that I do a complete reinstall? If so, why?

(Also, I'm not interested in being flamed for using a pirated version in the past, so please keep those types of comments to yourselves. Thanks)

Okay, so I admit, for a few months I was using a pirated version of LPX (10.0.2). And because I've realized what a fantastic program it really is, I went ahead and purchased it via the app store. I wanted to support the developers, get in on the constant updates, and get rid of the nagging feeling that comes along with using a pirated version. Plus, after paying for something using your hard earned money, you're more inclined to want to master it. Anyway, after buying it in the app store, it just went ahead and updated the version I already have installed and downloaded the additional content.

So my question to you guys is...

(Also, I'm not interested in being flamed for using a pirated version in the past, so please keep those types of comments to yourselves. Thanks)

Wow, just wow. You come on to a forum of Logic users and announce that you have been using a prated version and demand immunity from criticism?

Wow, just wow.

That being said, I'll address this...

If you truly bought a legitimate version of LPX from Apple I would advise that you back-up your files, wipe your drive and do a complete clean install of your OS and all applications.

Reason: Pirated software often is either lacking some key elements or contain infections that will cause you a great deal of aggravation and lost time spent trying to troubleshoot something that you'll never figure out (and pirates deserve this but LPH.com contributers that try to help you, do not). That is but one of the many very good reasons to buy your software instead of stealing it. The most obvious reason not to steal is to stay in possession of your soul.

Okay, so I admit, for a few months I was using a pirated version of LPX (10.0.2). And because I've realized what a fantastic program it really is, I went ahead and purchased it via the app store.

Ignore the flames. I think what you do is really nice. While Apple probably doesn't make a lot of money on Logic Pro (compared to the iPhone business), purchasing Logic Pro will help keeping the product alive.

To buy it, you just need to delete the "Logic Pro X" application you have installed. Then you can buy it. The content doesn't need to be downloaded again.

• 3 years later...
Anyone in a similar situation to OP should ignore the pathetic unempathetic comments from these sad keyboard warriers - I don't know why they have the time to care so much but if you're here - you probably couldn't afford it before and now you want to give proper financial recognition and dues - great (just as many a contemporary favourite producers/artist did when they faced similar circumstances). Well done for getting it when you could afford it and best of luck with future endeavors. Positivity and community first <3