Help: New at Logic Pro X, Can't Find the Lock-SMPTE Option

eccomiqua
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

Hey, I'm new at using Logic Pro X and I was recording a song when I realized I forgot to set the tempo and key beforehand. I tried changing the tempo but it completely screwed up the arrangement so I looked online and found this wonderful suggestion of Lock-SMPTE. The only problem is I can't find it for the life of me.

I have Logic Pro X 10.0.4 on my Mac OS X (Mavericks). Under Functions I don't see any option pertaining to "regions" unless it's something along the lines of "Name Regions by Track Names". There is "MIDI Region parameters" but all there is is "Apply Quantization Permanently" and "Apply All Parameters Permanently". I realize I might be making a very novice mistake but I couldn't figure it out on my own so now I seek your help. Thanks

• Solution

Hi,

Make sure you enable advanced tools in the advanced preferences tab. Once you do that, make sure all other boxes in that window are checked. The one that specifically affects the availability of the lock/unlock SMPTE position commands is the Advanced Editing one. Check them all anyway :)

J.

• 7 years later...