Logic 9 bouncing on Mavericks

Viv Savage

When I press bounce a project to a .mp3 file it doesn't seem to stop. The cursor moves beyond the song's range (or the range that was entered), and only moves on to the Normalizing stage when I press Cmd-Period.

Is this a known bug? Or is there something weird going on? I've already done the standard Perms Repair and Disk Verification, and both seem OK. Still the "never-ending bounce" remains.

Thanks.

How do you set the boundaries?

Basically it is a very simple project. Two tracks, one guitar with Alloy in the Inserts, one vocal with Nectar in the Inserts, and Ozone in the Output track, and it is 90 bars long. Pretty simple...

When I bounce I set Start to 1 1 1 1 and End to 90 1 1 1, the rest is default (Normalization is On, Include Audio tail is checked). Click Bounce and wait.

I am used to seeing a progress bar fill up while bouncing, the Normalization phase and finally the converting to mp3 phase. End result... One file.

Now I see the first progress bar fill up, and nothing more until I press Cmd-Period. Then it moves on to the next phase.

This happens when I bounce to mp3 and to AAC.

I haven't tried it on a different project yet, but I will tonight. I will also uncheck the Audio Tail and mess around with the Normalization to see if that helps.

uncheck the Audio Tail

:) Bet you $100,000,000.00 of Monopoly money that's the issue right there.

When "Include Audio Tail" is checked, Logic assumes there's a reverb or something whose decay you want to include in the bounce, past the end of the actual notes and audio shown in your project. Occasionally, either Logic or a plugin gets into a state where it thinks that the reverberation (tail) goes on forever, so it keeps bouncing long after anything actually audible is done.

You were correct. It was the Audtio Tail. And the explanation also makes sense. As I said it is a very simple project and the only reverb on it is the reverb used in Ozone, which was already over and gone.

I've also put the Normalization to Off.

You learn something new everyday!.

Thanks all.