Apple Loops Not Showing in Loop Browser

JamesK

Hi Guys,

I have tried reindexing the loops in the loop browser…I have re downloaded all the loops then reindexed and they still do not show in the Logic Loop Browser and there are no files in the Apple Loops Index folder.

I can see the loops in the finder window …and I can drag them onto an audio track…but they just won't show in the Loop browser in Logic Pro X 10.07

Also I made sure the folder access was set to read write for the loops folder and the index folder too.

406061203_ScreenShot2014-08-18at4_36_40PM.thumb.png.69cc1bdfc33ff32527d8308fc0fd444d.png

496505149_ScreenShot2014-08-18at4_26_40PM.png.bc7ff30e0314d5faa084e3bcc4ecd1b3.png

:shock:

I thought I fixed it for a moment. I opened Garage Band and dragged the actual Apple Loops Index folder from Finder to the Loop Browser in Garage Band and it automatically re indexed all my Apple Loops and now show them in the Garage Band Loop Browser.So I though great they will now show in Logic X 10.07..but nope :( So then I tried the same thing and dragged the Apple Loop Index folder from Finder to the Loop browser in Logic X….but it did not re index, Grrrrr :(

Anyone???

Just to make sure, before you deleted the Logic Pro X pref files, had you first quit Logic? If not (sure) make sure you quit Logic, (and any other apps) and then delete the Logic pro X pref files. Rebooting is not mandatory but could not hurt. Then try again to re-index your loops, if need be.

Here is a link that could help you troubleshooting your issue.

OK I tried deleting all the preferences while Logic was closed. Nope

I uninstalled Logic and emptied the trash..redownloaded Logic X from the app store..installed it and just the same. The Apple Loop Browser just won't re index for me> It works fine in Garage Band. Im perplexed.

Now I am wondering if i need to upgrade to Mavericks from Mountain Lion?

So I now logged out of my main Mac account and logged in as guest user. Started up Logic Pro x 10.0.7 and it indexed all of my loops and presto…there they all were showing in the loop browser in Logic. I though…ok…I will log back into my main Mac account now and see if they will show up. Well they do NOT show up in Logic on my main log in side. They show in the Logic Loop Index file in Finder but they will not show up in the Loop Browser in Logic. This has got me beat guys! Im just about ready to give up on Logic!

UPDATE: I created another user account for my iMac. Logged in there and Logic indexed the loops and everything seems to be working. I don't understand why my main user account that I installed Logic on won't see them. It looks like I will have one user account for Logic and one user account for Cubase 7.5.

if you go to your User > Library > Application Support > Logic do you see a file in there that says LoopsDatabass? make sure you're looking at your user and not the main hd. if so, delete that file and then try to reindex from the menu in the loops browser. if you don't see that file, then you're not reindexing the apple loops.......

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
hi - ive tried all of this and nothing works. i have all of the files in HD/library/audio/apple loops/apple and in the logic browser it says "indexing" not reindexing and its stuck. ive rebooted it and also tried reinstalling logic and moving files to different locations. dragging them does not work although it looks like it will and nothing happens i waited several times the suppose indexing to work and its just stuck for over 30 min nothing shows up. thanks so much