How would you get rid of this terrible squeaking sound?(pic)

lip5016

Hey everyone,

I'm so close to finishing this track, but there's one (GIANT) roadblock standing in my way, and I need your guys counsel .. I attached a screenshot of this "muted trumpet" lead I have as the *core* focus of my track..

2067812744_ScreenShot2014-08-22at7_01_39AM.png.00e86bad08fb873633054469e07075fd.png

The problem is that all of those transients you see in the picture are SUPER resonant, and are piercing ruthlessly through my frontal lobe.. Everything else about the synth/lead itself is beautiful, except when I hit longer sustain notes, and then it's too piercing..

I've tried making very small notches to "tame" these peaks, but the end result is that I've scooped out 90% of the sound, leaving nothing useful behind.. It basically is making the highest pitch "squeak" sound that you could imagine, extremely unpleasant.. When I try to make wider cuts, it seems to amplify everywhere else that's squeaking, when i try to limit or compress, the sound just gets more piercing and completely ruins the trumpets dymanics..

Please, if anyone can help me, I've literally not slept yet, I've been sitting here since sometime yesterday trying to get this squeaking/high pitch/nails on a chalkboard resonance out of this lead.. Changing the synth is not an option at this stage.. If anyone could help me tackle this problem, I'd really be so appreciative.. Thanks guys