How to Save/Export Multiple MIDI files?

LPXnoob

Hi all!

I'm curious as to how I'd go about saving and exporting multiple MIDI files I've made in Logic Pro X onto my desktop so that they can be sent to a friend or what not.

I know when I create a MIDI file on one track, I can just export it no problem - I'm wondering how I can do it with multiple tracks with MIDI (approx 3-4). For example if I have Chords on one track and a Bassline on the track next to it, how would I Save them *together* so that I can just save them to my desktop, attach them to an email, and send them to a friend so when he gets the file, he can just drag and drop the midi file right into Logic and the MIDI clips will automatically take up the multiple tracks?

I've seen people do this all the time and I'm sure it's an easy process but can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!! :)

so first you want to make sure that each track has only one midi region. because when you export the midi to your desktop, each midi region will then be it's own track when imported. so if you have multiple midi regions on one track, make sure you join them all together. then all you have to do is select both tracks and right click the midi regions in the arrange window and go to export>export as midi file and save it to your desktop. it will save multiple tracks as one file and then when imported it will give each midi region it's own track. remember though, that it just saves the midi, not the instruments and inserts and what-not.

• 7 years later...

I’m trying to do this at the moment. But you’re saying that exporting both midi regions as one midi file, can then be imported back into a project and the regions will split back up automatically into 2 separate regions?!

If I have eg. 8 midi regions each on 4 midi tracks, how do I export all 32 midi regions (all with unique regions names) all as their own midi files, in one go? I can’t currently find a way to do this. Any advice?