Bug: Track on/off switches don't work in track stacks

JakHay

I set up a summing track stack with about 20 instrument tracks (with all my favorite bass sounds). The idea was to make it easy and quick to choose a bass patch (or patches) when starting a song. I recorded some MIDI and put that on the master track, so that all the tracks are playing the same part.

In order to conserve CPU power, though, I need to be able to turn all of them off and then turn on the ones I need.

Unfortunately this doesn't work. The on/off buttons respond as expected, but I am always hearing all of the tracks at once. Also there is no change in the CPU meter.

The mute buttons work as expected.

Looks like a bug to me.

Logic Pro X 10.0.7

OSX 10.8.5

Mac mini 2.6 GHz i7

16 GB RAM

I understand what you are trying to do but I would not categorize this as a bug.

You could try something similar in the environment creating a MIDI instrument connected to your different Software Instrument channel strips and you would encounter the same behaviour.

What you have to do is to use the on off button on the Instrument slot to save CPU.

I *was* (trying to) use the button on the instrument slot to turn on/off the individual tracks. The button changes color, but it does not turn off the track. The on/off buttom on the summing track works fine (turns all summed tracks on/off).

I don't know how this could not be a bug - I can turn all of the instruments off and yet they still sound. (???)

I think that the most simple way is to use great import feature in Logic. But you have to create folder stack instead of summing one (on/off works as expected), save you file as My Great Bass Patches or smth. Open your new project, go to browsers/all files and locate your file, hit Import button, Tick your folder stack and hit Add. Hope it makes your life easier =)

PS If you want to make changes in all midi regions at once, just use aliases.

I thought about that (saving a project with all my favorite patches), but I don't think I can even audition the patches from there. I really want to be able to enter in a midi part and then audition the different bass patches with or without the rest of the mix.

Another option would be to save my bass patches as user patches, but that would also be much slower than what I'm trying to do.

But that's not the point of this thread - I was merely trying to report what looks to be a very obvious bug.

Is there a way to formally file a bug against Logic?

Thanks

Jack