how do I match drummer to the beat of an audio region

1pauper1

is there anyway to adjust logic drummer to match the feel and transient timing of an acoustic guitar region...

I have the same beats per minute throughout the whole song ... but different sections have a different beat pattern

and transient timing

Logix drummer follows the BPM of the song... but doesn't adjust to particular rhythmic patterns of individual sections and regions.

how can I make the drummer follow the transients of my sections instead of just strictly adheering to the song tempo

hey David... can I do this for every section or region ...

let's say I have it follow the acoustic guitar track in the chorus ..

Will it go back to regular song tempo after the chorus ends and the next verse begins to play ..

or will I be stuck with the chorus pattern for the entire song

• 6 years later...

I have been struggling with the same question for months and I saw a good method to allow you to adjust drummer regions to other regions that do not have a steady beat. Here is the link to it: https://www.macprovideo.com/article/audio-software/6-tips-for-logic-pro-x-drummer?afid=H9yKpLNH73

(3) Convert Drummer regions to MIDI regions

Basically, you convert the drummer region to a software instrument region. Then you have to go through and adjust each beat to your "loose" acoustic track, but you can select all and move several drum beats at once. My music is very loose and I find drummer can't really deal with differing beats in different regions. I used to just add drum loops which don't change beat at all rather than use drummer. But the above tip works quite well if you have different beats in different regions...