Thanks for your answer Jordi.
However I'm not sure if things work how they are supposed to or if I don't know how to do it, but here is what I did, and it didn't work:
- create a new software instrument track with "external instrument" on it, and set the midi output (of the external instrument) to the IAC driver.
- click the "Audio FX" slot in the track and insert the "Audio Units > Native Instruments > Reaktor 6 MFX" plugin.
- load SQ16 (in Reaktor) and press play on logic transport (I can hear the beat playing so far)
- open the environment and go to the "click and ports" layer
- In there pull a cable from the IAC driver port of the "Physical Input" to a monitor
At that point, since the transport is playing, if midi was sent out by the "external instrument", I would expect the monitor to display some data (the midi data that is played while logic is playing), but that's not the case: the monitor displays nothing.
I also tried to download the "midi Fx Freeze" app, but the download link is broken (redirecting to inexisting url: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-fx-f ... 1475527978
). I tried to find "midi fx freeze" on the apple store website (https://www.apple.com/app-store/
) but they don't have it.
So unfortunately at the moment I still don't know how to do it.