Plug-in manager!

PBJ

SOOOO glad apple has made it possible to reorganize the way plugins appear. You can drag 3rd party plugs into apple's pre-existing folders. A great workflow improvement. I can stop using AUganizer, which always made me a little nervous. You can even make your own folders

But you can't rename them--last night I made three new folders, stocked them with plugins, and named them. Every time I tried it Logic defaulted the folder names back to "Untitled:" Untitled1, untitled2 etc.

There doesn't seem to be any documentation available about the plug-in manager, at least not yet. Any idea of a way around this?

I experience the same bug here: I can rename the folder in the PlugIn Manager, but it still shows up as "Untitled" in the actual ChannelStrip's plugin menu. Also, the renamed folder stays alphabetically where "Untitled" would have gone.

Glad I'm not the only one! I've tried weeding out any plugins I think might be outdated or dodgy or that I rarely use. I've tried deleting the folder, creating a new one, and restocking it. No luck, it still shows up in the channel strip as "untitled."

be careful with symbols; i created some folders with a slash /...and all hell broke loose (so to speak). and for the people having issues...did u have AUganizer installed? (just curious if that's a common denominator for anyone with an issue).

l LOVE being able to finally organize the plugins (now i just have to settle on a system, and adapt to it...)

Is there some issue with your Audio Music Apps folder?

Can you find this file?:

~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Databases/Tags/MusicApps.tagpool

I have that file, yes. What should I be doing with it?

The file names I chose for plugin folders have no slashes or periods, just simple words: "favorites," "console," and "tape."

Also I had Auganizer working but I reverted all the plugins to their original names and rolled back all the changes I had made. Multiple times. to be sure

Ok, how do you add a folder in the Plug-in Manager? I don't see an option to do that through the Plug-In Manager, and the help page in the manual is not available to me.

There's a little plus sign in the upper right corner

I'm also seeing the problem. I can create new folders and name them but they always revert back to 'Untitled'. I'm not using any periods, dashes in the names, just names such as "Vocal FX", "Mixing" etc. I'm suspecting that my old friend Auganizer is the culprit. I also reverted all of the plug-ins to defaults within Auganizer before launching Logic 10.1.

seems people with auganizer on the macs are having issues with the new plugin manager. i'm also having an issue, but do NOT have auganizer... some folders won't delete, and i keep putting a bunch of logic's fx in a folder, and it does not show up. i've tried a new folder, and moving them to that folder, and...nada. will work on this more tomorrow...

Anyone have any further thoughts on this? It's annoying to have the plugin manager so close to working right.

here's what typically happens. Open Logic. Open plugin manager. Find that folder has been renamed "untitled". rename it to "favorites. save project, quit.

At this point, logic hangs up and doesn't quit. The windows close, but the program remains open. I have to force quit. then it hang sup on reopening, and I have to force quit again. Then it reopens normally, but the folder is back to untitled

I've done multiple file permission repairs

Anyone have any further thoughts on this? It's annoying to have the plugin manager so close to working right.

here's what typically happens. Open Logic. Open plugin manager. Find that folder has been renamed "untitled". rename it to "favorites. save project, quit.

At this point, logic hangs up and doesn't quit. The windows close, but the program remains open. I have to force quit. then it hang sup on reopening, and I have to force quit again. Then it reopens normally, but the folder is back to untitled

I've done multiple file permission repairs

not happening here, but...i can't delete some empty folders (at least, they DON'T show up in the dropdown menu). i got upset because an FX folder was not showing...until :oops: i realized, as a folder of FX, it would only show in an fx slot (which is does; it doesn't show in an instrument slot). so i ran an update on my thinking! and that issues fixed..!

This simply doesn't work right. I add a folder with the + sign and it places it in alphabetical order under Untitled. Then you rename it to whatever, and it doesn't move and when you set "Done" and go into your plugs, it still says "untitled", so it's really useless with this sorting and naming bug.

No. Never had Auganizer, permissions are fine, but I ran batchmod just in case. It's just broken. I can see the folders and doesn't hang or anything, but the folder name in the plugin manager list doesn't sort, and it insists to show "Untitled" in the plugs list. It could be the logic cache needs to be rebuilt or something but it is clearly a bug of some sort and I don't feel like rebuilding my AUcache or preferences just for this. Maybe someone will figure out what is going on.

Here ya go... What does a tagpool show? Hopefully no personal info..;)

At 1:09 in this youtube vid, he renames the Untitled folder and it pops into alpha order. Mine doesn't. Maybe 10.10.2 latest dev release is the culprit? Anyone else with issues on 10.10.2?

Edited by xgman