INSANITY! NEED HELP BIG TIME!

Bähb

Something has gone haywire with Logic Pro X.

I installed OS Yosemite. No problem. After it was done I opened Logic Pro X. That's when things got weird.

When starting a new project (electronic) everything LOOKED normal until I pressed a key. I got a repeating arpeggio of the sound on that track. That happened on EVERY track. It only happened when the track was Record Enabled. If not enabled, no sound. If enabled a repeating arpeggio...no matter what sound was loaded on that track.

I reset the Preferences. No effect.

I deleted the Preferences. No effect.

I reloaded Logic Pro X from the App Store. No effect.

Here's another clue: Omnisphere is missing. Stylus is still there in the list. Camel Audio is also missing from the AU Instruments list. MOST of my software is still intact...but not ALL.

SOMETHING is radically wrong...but I can't grasp what it could be. Reinstalling Logic should have fixed it but it didn't. Logic Pro X along with Yosemite works perfectly on my laptop but NOT on the desktop where I really need it. ANY clues as to what may be happening here? Sure could use some good advice! THANKS!

After installing Yosemite I opened Logic Pro X. Logic now gives me a new project where every track is arpeggiated - no matter what instrument chosen. How do I get Logic back to normal again?

Can you close that project and open the desired one? You can also adjust the startup actions under Logic Pro X > Preferences > General.

Hi,

AS FAR AS I KNOW I've only posted this once. What do you mean 'multiple times'?

First this one:

After installing Yosemite I opened Logic Pro X. Logic now gives me a new project where every track is arpeggiated - no matter what instrument chosen. How do I get Logic back to normal again?

Then this one:

When starting a new project (electronic) everything LOOKED normal until I pressed a key. I got a repeating arpeggio of the sound on that track. That happened on EVERY track. It only happened when the track was Record Enabled. If not enabled, no sound. If enabled a repeating arpeggio...no matter what sound was loaded on that track.

Then you switch to the problem of the missing plug-ins (which you should post in a separate thread, as per the rules).

Furthermore, overusing capital letters is not appreciated.

This is mostly to keep our forum organized and neat.

Thanks.

J.

PS: Thank you for adding your setup's info to your signature :)

Jordi -

That wasn't me. I didn't do that. Perhaps David or someone else posted that. My personal wish is to delete the entire post and start over from scratch. This one has gotten out of control with other people posting things in my name. I want to start over with a brand new post and a brand new message. I want people to stop impersonating me.

As of right now I seem to be mired in your personal politics ... and that is NOT my intention. I have an issue that I need to have fixed. That's all I want to focus on. I'm a writer. I use capital letters when I don't have bold or italics availble for emphasis. The capital letters are NOT being overused - they indicate emphasis. And I included the missing software as a clue to what may be happening with Logic - it may be related. As a Tech Support person in the past I know that would have been a welcomed clue.

Now ...Can you delete this entire thread for me?

Nobody is impersonating you. Only you can use your username/password and post messages under your username.

Please do not use caps. Caps are typically considered as shouting on the internet.

I will delete this entire thread, feel free to post a new question, but also follow our rules as I asked in a Private Message to you (you complied to one but not the other).

Thanks.

Hi,

That wasn't me. I didn't do that. Perhaps David or someone else posted that. My personal wish is to delete the entire post and start over from scratch. This one has gotten out of control with other people posting things in my name. I want to start over with a brand new post and a brand new message. I want people to stop impersonating me.

No one's impersonating as far as I can tell. Both those posts came from the same IP. Not sure what else to say about that.

I use capital letters when I don't have bold or italics availble for emphasis.

They are available in this forum. When you post a reply you'll see some buttons on top of the field where you type labeled B i and u (if you want to underline something).

J.