Help with reamp latency

jamesnixon98

Hi, im having trouble with latency inside of logic when reamping my guitar. The signal coming from the microphone is earlier than the original di signal. Some people said to use the io plugin to combat this but i dont think im using it right. Can someone please help me find out how to solve my problem, thanks.

1295449128_ScreenShot2015-02-19at19_46_53.thumb.png.f47b9dd6552aba96c22c1b30cb8186f4.png

Hi James.

We need to know more about your system!

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.1)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.10.2)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

I'm using Logic Pro 10.1 and the latest version of yosemite. I'm still not sure how to use the i/o plugin as I think that is for use with external effects and processes them as they play rather than the audio file being in time perfectly when recorded? Do I put the io plugin on the DI track that I want to output to the guitar amp or do I put it on the track which the mic will be recorded. Is there a video to explain this or screen shots?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your help.

Do I understand right?

- You record two signals live: one original from DI and the other from mic'ed amp

- Then going with both signals to your interface/converter

- Finally you have more latency on one of them

That should happen, since in the analog domain the signal travels with light speed (almost). If you use a digital effect unit on the mic'ed signal, yes there might be some delay on it.

Or is your source coming from the DAW, not played?

thanks for the response, I just fixed it by setting my checking the latency between my i/o, I found out what the delay was and set the opposite in the recording delay settings in logics preferences, now perfect sync! I think this is because my focusrite scarlett 18i20 doesnt automatically set the delay between the i/o.

• 6 years later...

Hey all,

I’m having exactly the same issue: Logic recording my reamped guitar (green in pic) earlier than the DI part (grey in pic).

My recording delay is already set to 0 samples.

I’m using Logic 10.4.8 with a MBP OS High Sierra 10.13.6 and an Apollo x6.

Any help would be wonderful. Totally stumped!

image.thumb.jpg.a2c967eea64c46fad02dd80405460a19.jpg