Save plugin manager setting?

radicalgel
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
No. It is saved automatically.

You can manually export this file if you need the configuration on another system:

~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Databases/Tags/MusicApps.tagpool

Can anyone confirm this method still works, I've tried moving that file over to another system with no luck. If I remove original ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Databases/Tags/MusicApps.tagpool then nothing shows up in the dropdown menu but it doesn't seem to update when I replace it with the new file from my new system. Tried a bunch of refreshing tactics but nothing.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Are both systems running the same version of Logic? Of MacOS?

Can you verify that it works if you stay on the same system? I mean "export" the file, make some changes, quit Logic, bring the file back?

Thanks for the reply David, one system is actually Sierra (the one I am copying too) and the original system is High Sierra, same versions of Logic. You think the OSX may make a difference? I'm going to try the whole database folder rather than just the tags file

I suppose the OS could make a difference, yes. I suppose you could use the default config on both machines and compare the two tagpool files?

Thanks David, is there a way to go back to default that you know of other then physically removing everything you have added from the plugin manager itself?

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Just wanted to add to this thread that I accidentally reset my plug in manager settings - apparently the ESC key will do this! - and restoring the TAGS folder (~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Databases/Tags/MusicApps.tagpool that Eric mentioned) from Time Machine got back all my favorites and all that - so thanks!

(

I'm trying to decipher the names of the tag files so I can link them to Plug-in names in Logic. Found something cool. The numbers are bytes which can be converted to UTF8. And guess what the manufacturer (third number) of the Logic plug-ins is:

EMAG

This has been used as an identifier in Logic since the beginning - it's not the only place it appears... :)

Did you get any further decoding the tag stuff? Would be interesting to know if you found anything else... Or is it just a case of decoding to utf8 strings?

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...