Converting old .LSO-files to .MID

tnarhi

Greetings,

I have some old .LSO audio files that I have made years ago. The problem is that they created with Emagic MicroLogic AV 4.1 and this software doesn't seem to work with any of the computers I've tried. Is there any possibility for me to convert these files to.MID-format? I'd appreciate any help or advice.

-topi

If they are from the Logic 4.x era, in general the best approach is to load them into Logic 7.x, which which will up convert from the 4.x format to the 5.x format, and then to the 7.x format, and from here they can be loaded into later versions of Logic.

If you don't have LP7, and it's only a few files, then maybe someone here can convert them for you.

Thanks a lot for your reply, des.

Unfortunately I don't have Logic 7. The amount of files I'd need to have convert is about 30. Just in case, here's the .zip. If there is a good Samaritan who'd be willing to help by converting them, I'd naturally be more than pleased and grateful. That would make one happy Finnish guy. The value of these is only sentimental, but very much so :)

ML_songs_LSO.zip

Hey,

Ok, here you go (link for the archive sent via PM)

I converted this from Windows Logic 4.x songs to Mac Logic 7.x songs (these are the .LSO files in the archive) with LP7, then used the latest LPX to load those projects, save them in LPX format (these are the .logicx files) and then exported midifiles from those.

In most cases, as there are MIDI events in the projects before the 1 1 1 1 downbeat, Logic asks whether it should move everything so the data starts from 1 1 1 1, or whether it should change everything before 1 1 1 1 to 1 1 1 1 1(effectively hard quantising the first events).

I've done exports using both of these - the "_moved" is the one where the data has been moved so the first event starts on 1 1 1 1 (this preserves the integrity of the data, but the bar/beat positions may be wrong), and the "_upbeat" version which forces the pre1 1 1 1 events to 1 1 1 1, which keeps the bar/beat boundaries but might mess up the start events. Between the two you should be able to get what you want.

Any probs gimme a shout.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

I wonder if anyone would be able to help me with a similar problem? I have an LSO file made on logic express 4 (I think?) way back in 2002 that I'd like to open in logic Pro X. I have no way of getting back to the machine I created it on and it seems like a logistical backflip to set up a machine in the same way now.

killerbee.LSO

I wonder if anyone would be able to help me with a similar problem? I have an LSO file made on logic express 4 (I think?) way back in 2002 that I'd like to open in logic Pro X. I have no way of getting back to the machine I created it on and it seems like a logistical backflip to set up a machine in the same way now.

Here you go:

killerbee.zip

same problem here, if anyone could do the same for me (from old lso to midi), i would be very grateful. thanks in advance

[attachment=0]Morceaux entiers.rar[/attachment]

still having the same problem. could anyone help me ? these files were made with magix logic pro, back in the past century. the only way for me to open them again would be to buy an expensive software that i can't afford, unless someone who does have this software simply converts them to midi for me.

thanks everyone for your contributions here, allowing me to perhaps be able to use these files again some day

Hi beren57 - I expect people wanted to help, but on downloading your file, saw (as I did) there was nearly 50 (!) projects in there, and decided to not spend the rest of their evening doing multiple conversions...

Converting the odd one or two projects as a favour is one thing, but expecting someone to sort out your back catalog for you is a bit much, I think...