Overwhelming static noise during playback

thepianoist

Hello all,

This issue started about a week ago. From time to time, my system audio will start to get increasingly "static" sounding. It starts off barely noticeable, then becomes overwhelming to the point that you can't hear anything else.

When I quit Logic, everything goes back to normal. It has not yet happened without Logic being open.

It also goes back to normal if I disconnect my audio interface (iD22), which forces Logic to "reboot" in a way... reloading all samples, switching to a different audio output.

I made a video last time it happened. It shows the static slowly getting louder and louder while playing music, until finally quitting logic and everything is fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxYVJaSQiRc&feature=youtu.be

Here's another video showing what happens if I let it go for a good 10-15 minutes... gets to the point that it's just a thumping clicking noise. Again, quit logic and all goes back to normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5psNxNxs0M&feature=youtu.be

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Stephen

Logic 10.1.1

OSX 10.10.2

Early 2014 iMac

4-core 3.5Ghz i7

SSD

32GB RAM

I have an Audient iD22, and disconnecting it makes the issue go away. The question is whether that may just be because it forces Logic to switch outputs and reload all the samples and everything. I have not yet tried to work through the built-in output and have the static happen.

The problem with this issue is that it happens seemingly randomly, and sporadically. And each time it happens I can only try one new troubleshooting fix cause the problem goes away and then I have to wait for it to happen again. Lately it's been happening about once or twice per day. Next time it happens I'll try disabling the core audio.

• 6 years later...
I'm having the exact same issue, I know it's not the audio interface because the static noise still happens even with my audio interface being disconnected. I tried changing my preferences and disabling all my plug ins but the overwhelming static noise is still there, can somebody please help.