HELP! Lost autosave? Where is it?

Jordo

Please help. I just lost an entire day's work because Logic crashed.

I opened up the auto saved, then closed it again due to a separate error. Then I try opening up the project AGAIN and it is the version from last night. I checked "revert to" and the most recent autosaves are not there. Repeat: They are not listed. Nothing is listed.

Where did the autosave that I just had open go???

Is there anyway I can open up the autosave it had up before??? Please help.

EDIT: Well I used Time Machine and managed to only lose an hour of work instead of a day. Not bad. But for future reference...? Where do those autosaved projects disappear to?

But for future reference...? Where do those autosaved projects disappear to?

The Autosave data lives inside the project file package: Control-click the project file > Show Package Contents > Alternatives > 000 > Autosave.

The moment you manually save the project, close it, or quit Logic, the Autosave files gets erased automatically. Gone for good.

865047134_ScreenShot2015-04-01at10_30_35.png.117cf136db2d26132f06f7cd1020b723.png

J.

• 3 years later...

Logic should never put away an auto saved file! I've loose one hour of good and precious work for a reason that I still can't explain. I first opened an auto saved project after a crash. I loaded an instrument in Kontakt 5 and boom, Kontakt player was empty. I've closed the project without saving and boom, next time I've opened my project the Kontakt player was still empty and the midi tracks associated to the disappeared instruments wasn't here. Mistery! I would have been very happy to find again the auto-saved project.

If some developer is reading here, please let Logic keep all auto saved projects !!!

• 2 years later...

Hi, I just wanted to add that if your work is deleted there is another option to restore some of your project — Your computer will not delete audio files created in an unsaved session! It's tedious, but you can still locate them and piece a project back together.

Control click on project > Show Package Contents > Media > Audio Files

If you have labeled each track like a good tidy engineer, you should be able to find your files, then import, or drag and drop files into Logic.

Of course, automation, track settings, etc. will not be salvageable, but just thought I should add to this thread for those who may worry that all their recordings are lost!

- Darksoft