How do I pan an echo?

barnzy21

Have you just tried panning the entire track from L to R using automation?

Or are you trying to ONLY have the echo from some plugin pan L/R?

If so, one simple way would be to put the echo plug on an aux track, and send your normal instrument to it. Then automate the panning of the aux track.

Personally I'd use a plugin I have called PanMan from SoundToys on the aux track, but I'm sure there are others that would do it as well.

the tremolo plugin in logic will do this for you. you'll have to put your echo on a Aux track though. if you put the echo straight on the track, whatever panning you do will pan the entire track left and right and not just the echo. so put your echo on a Aux track and then insert the tremolo after it. just mess with the rate a depth till you get the effect you're looking for. one thing i've noticed is that the tremolo rate can be a bit confusing. you'd think that 1/4 would pan your echo at quarter notes, but it does it as 1/8th notes. you pretty much need to cut everything in half to get the effect you want. so if you want 1/4 note panning, set the rate to 1/2.